Carrying memory cards around

Using this myself :)

81g80pREZoL._SL1500_.jpg

91SKuthTbZL._SL1500_.jpg

WAYYYY... overkill.

Why overkill? Can spend so much on gear a $20 pelican case shouldn't come forth as overkill. It's just a matter of personal preference. ;)

Why overkill? Can spend so much on gear a $20 pelican case shouldn't come forth as overkill. It's just a matter of personal preference. ;)

It's expensive for something you can find cheaper for one thing. Like watching stylo-milo 007 James Bond out shooting pull that out to change card like some sniper heheh.. You might use that to transport from point to point that has out of normal type risks but not something you want to be using on most normal daily shoot. To me anyway, overkill. More an up-sell over-built product by Pelican heh... I love their rough weather gear cases and idea but not all of them are practical but for die hard who just want to collect everything they make.

I rather a card packer with pockets sleeve to slip securely each one inside, this one over time suffer loose or worn foam and you tilt it over, open the lid or case snap open around your neck, a few cards are going to fall out. If it has magnectic shielding that would have made more sense.

Last edited:
It's expensive for something you can find cheaper for one thing. Like watching stylo-milo 007 James Bond out shooting pull that out to change card like some sniper heheh.. You might use that to transport from point to point that has out of normal type risks but not something you want to be using on most normal daily shoot. To me anyway, overkill. More an up-sell over-built product by Pelican heh... I love their rough weather gear cases and idea but not all of them are practical but for die hard who just want to collect everything they make.

I rather a card packer with pockets sleeve to slip securely each one inside, this one over time suffer loose or worn foam and you tilt it over, open the lid or case snap open around your neck, a few cards are going to fall out. If it has magnectic shielding that would have made more sense.

Some ppl want it to be anti nuclear radiation, bomb proof, theft proof, crash impact proof

End of the day just sharing available options to TS.
Funny if you think that everyone must buy the same as you.
But everyone's workflow is not like you.

Thanks Sammy888 and Donut888 for your opinions.

Last edited:

hahah Good and fine so long as they quality of the works is as good as the money used to invest in getting nothing but the best keeping up appearance.

I never offer or recommend a product or brand one must get. I am laying out ONLY the criteria one must consider above all things when buying and not be sway by the wrong emotional reasoning for buying something.. be it pricey or cheap or if one really do need it. Then it is up to the person(s) to finalise what he want to buy by apply it and doing his own homework. They are the one who have to live with that decision. Not us.

I have learn my lesson the hard way thru the many decades of buying and using my gear. If I can not offer that in a newbie corner then where would I be offering if anything but to help other make less mistakes then I did?

Last edited:
I didn't see one from Daiso that can hold 16 SD cards. Mind to let me know which branch selling this?

I bought mine at Eastpoint Mall (Simei) few months back. Few days ago saw it again there.
But stock not always available.

Last edited:
I have the one from Daiso too, only gripe is that it is a little too thick, but how to complain with $2

Guess I need to look into all of this...have two cards only...been using same cards for going on 5 years now...never a problem or hint of a problem...at least 30K images probably more...

I probably should upgrade my antiquated high risk workflow methodology and gear... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Guess I need to look into all of this...have two cards only...been using same cards for going on 5 years now...never a problem or hint of a problem...at least 30K images probably more...

I probably should upgrade my antiquated high risk workflow methodology and gear... :bsmilie:

Hey, you know what they say... if it ain't broke... :cool:

Gee... 5 years? How much have you shot with them cards? They are not going to last forever and truly are built to fail. And depending on the size of memory versus how much you shot with them overtime will determine how soon or later it will start to fail. If lucky, you get a failed read or corrupt files as a warning sign, unlucky big enough fail that you can not retrieve anything back even with a rescue software.