Carrying 2 bodies

shelomoh

Mar 17, 2009
I shoot events. So I used the BlackRapid double strap with 2 bodies, and 24-70 and 70-200 lens. It's fine if I am standing but there are times that I have to take around the level of waist or lower and when I lower myself, the 70-200 will touch the floor.

So I added the Think Tank harness and belt system to keep the lens when not in use. But while it resolves the former problem but I can't prone to take some shoots. Hence it restricted the kind of the shots I can take and at events, you don't have 2nd chance to retake.

So how do you work around this? Wedding pgs? Any recommendation?

I shoot events. So I used the BlackRapid double strap with 2 bodies, and 24-70 and 70-200 lens. It's fine if I am standing but there are times that I have to take around the level of waist or lower and when I lower myself, the 70-200 will touch the floor.

So I added the Think Tank harness and belt system to keep the lens when not in use. But while it resolves the former problem but I can't prone to take some shoots. Hence it restricted the kind of the shots I can take and at events, you don't have 2nd chance to retake.

just let the lens touch the floor?
at least for me tats what i'll do

shelomoh said:
But while it resolves the former problem but I can't prone to take some shoots.

You need to prone to take some shots at a wedding? :O

why not screw it on the 70-200 tripod collar stand instead of the camera body?

everyone has their own unique style....

and also because some girls/women wear miniskirts/minidresses to weddings ;)

Woow upskirt! I like .. can see some photos here?

I try to have different perspective. No upskirt. It's illegal. Can we get back to original topic? Thanks.

You ever tried the SpiderPro Dual Camera system? I find it very good for event photographer.
But I'm not sure whether it will help on prone position.

Here is the vidz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di-XEIkc3E8&feature=player_embedded

You ever tried the SpiderPro Dual Camera system? I find it very good for event photographer.
But I'm not sure whether it will help on prone position.

Here is the vidz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di-XEIkc3E8&feature=player_embedded

Prone position the camera or lens will still hit the floor.

no matter what strap you use, or harness... it's still the same.

using common sense, think about it.

What kinda events you shoot need to lie prone on the ground?

How unsightly to do this for the up class events.

Can use liveview right?

I move way faster and get more moments captured with one camera than some action hero with 2 gripped cams, flash, and heavy glass like 70-200.

Hmmm.. Cheap possible solution , wear a TALLER OR HIGHER SHOE? I ADMIT I not tall, 70-200 will ttouch the ground if I lower a bit -blush-

I guess the lens hood will take all the knocks. Gaffer tape the hood too? :)

Personally, since u are a pro that shoots for a living, scratching the hood or the lens barrel should be the last thing on ur mind.. U should just put the camera/lens down on the floor, and shoot with the other equipment comfortably, if the situation calls for it. Photographic Opportunity wasted due to the need to find a proper place to put the lens or slowly putting down to prevent scratches is going to cost u your job... At least that is wat i did. I will just quickly put my cam/lens down and grab the other equip and shoot. Scratches is nothing. The images i produce is everything that counts.