carry tripod on strap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan84

Nov 1, 2003
will it make it lighter? saw some threads on it.....
how can it be~?
btw,how a strap look like and how it attach on to the tripod?
thanks...
may get a strap if really will make it lighter~~~~~

i not sure what the strap call...
but seeing many threads on talking straps can lighter the tripod weight...
using 300DX,slik now...

ryan84 said:
how can it be~?
thanks...

Hi ryan
Nothing can make an object lighter. If you add on a strap, the weight will be heavier (weight of tripod + weight of strap).
But a strap will make it more convienent to carry instead of holding it (more clumsy) and so maybe you feel that it is lighter, because of the strap.

Canonised said:
Hi ryan
Nothing can make an object lighter. If you add on a strap, the weight will be heavier (weight of tripod + weight of strap).
But a strap will make it more convienent to carry instead of holding it (more clumsy) and so maybe you feel that it is lighter, because of the strap.
that what i thinking for a while,would it be the same weight...

Know y the coolies at boat quay carried bags of rice on their shoulder rather then carry with both hand?

Thou not expert, but i bought the rubber padder 1 which feels better on the shoulder.

ryan84 said:
how can it be~?
thanks...
I homemade a adustable nylon strap, with 2 D ring at both end, just make a loop with the D ring, one end fasten the tripod head, the other end fasten the bottom of the legs, I can sling my 055 like a rifle. :cool:

ryan84 said:
how can it be~?
thanks...
An analogy is... would you rather carry a school-bag in your hands or on your back? Same weight... feels different.

A strap definitely will make a tripod feel lighter and frees up your hands too. If you intend to buy, get one with rubber padding as Voodoo mentioned, it does not slip off the shoulder easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.