Carrots, simply carrots..

Status
Not open for further replies.
2716331893_1f79af693b_o.jpg

Was walking down along Little India and then spotted this 'stacks' of carrot. Basically, I want the photograph to be simple and in a abstract way.

Any comments?

Cheers.

P.S : Okay, I know the write up is really short

Last edited:
How come the top area of the image is considerably darker than the rest?

Would it have worked better if it was a crop of just the consistently lit carrots?

Would it have worked better if it was a crop of just the consistently lit carrots?
i guess those carrots are stacked slightly deeper than the lit carrots, which cause the image to be darker at the top. i agree it will be better if the darker carrots are been cropped away. i think the composition will be just nice without the darker carrots. >_0

Was walking down along Little India and then spotted this 'stacks' of carrot. Basically, I want the photograph to be simple and in a abstract way. Any comments?

Frankly, I wouldn't crop the top because of the shadow. What I would do is add a vignette to lead the eye to the center of your stack of carrots. Then, I would saturate this a little more bit to enhance the orange color.

The only thing though is that you could have chosen a more "clean" stack of carrots. Those white blotches, dark circles and those dangling things don't make your image look very attractive. Sure you can fix those in PS but...

Good try! Now go back and get us some more nice images of carrots. I love carrots ;)

I have always love abstract pattern pics. This works for me.
I second m3lv1nh0 suggestion of a trying out a square crop. Using a L. fisheye lens to have a go at it is another interesting option in my opinion.

I would crop it for 2 reasons:

1. The darker top.
2. The orthogonal carrot is not in the middle, its lower down, so cropping the top will **** this to the center.:) Personal preference.

just my personal view, i thought the dark portion was due to insufficient light (no?). bro arcticfox might have aimed the flash directly above the carrots which are brightly lit in the pic, and insufficient lighting for those near the top part of the pic. i agree with bro calebk, crop away those dark carrots. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.