Carrie's Morning

spectralizer

May 4, 2010
Singapore
www.areyouphotogenic.net
IMG_2468.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition + Lighting + Technique

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Together with her smile and the bed sheet (although it's just a white piece of cloth), i hope to show that she's having a great morning.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
The camera was held above my head level and tried a few times to take, with a flash pointing downwards and a reflector at the side. (As i do not have umbrellas/lighting equipments)

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
For myself i like the photo because of her smile, and how the white cloth brings out about cuteness in her.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition + Lighting + Technique
Lighting's good. Since the photo is her face, I have to turn my head to see her face. So I suggest flipping your picture around.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Together with her smile and the bed sheet (although it's just a white piece of cloth), i hope to show that she's having a great morning.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
For myself i like the photo because of her smile, and how the white cloth brings out about cuteness in her.
The smile, the image is there but, waking up in work clothes doesn't look right to me. Otherwise, I think this photograph is pretty good. "Stock" photo standard.

why did you choose to leave it landscape instead of rotating it to portrait? my neck hurts from turning to look at her nice smile :(

i'm going to disagree with everyone and say that the composition is fine. i don't think it was work clothes, it looks more like shirt pyjamas? i actually really like this shot a lot, don't really see anything wrong with it

agree. i like the composition and her smile gives a happy feel.

just a few comments:
1. i would give it a tighter crop to give it more weight to about 50%. currently the subject is at about 40%.
2. i am not sure if it is my screen but it looks on the soft side esp the eyes.
3. a little more contrast will give it a less flat look.

Lighting's good. Since the photo is her face, I have to turn my head to see her face. So I suggest flipping your picture around.

The smile, the image is there but, waking up in work clothes doesn't look right to me. Otherwise, I think this photograph is pretty good. "Stock" photo standard.

- Thanks alot, the work clothes is suppose to make it look like she just went to bed when she return from work late at night >.< but i guess i still need to work on that >.<

Thanks alot for the comments !

why did you choose to leave it landscape instead of rotating it to portrait? my neck hurts from turning to look at her nice smile :(

- I just rotated it, and ya i do agree it looks better in portrait! Thanks alot for the comments :D

Agree.. I think if it's portrait orientation, it would be better. ;)

- Rotated ! Thanks alot for comments !

i'm going to disagree with everyone and say that the composition is fine. i don't think it was work clothes, it looks more like shirt pyjamas? i actually really like this shot a lot, don't really see anything wrong with it

- Ya it was suppose to be that instead of work clothes >.< But i guess it wasn't revealed enough to show it >.< Thanks alot for the comments !

agree. i like the composition and her smile gives a happy feel.

just a few comments:
1. i would give it a tighter crop to give it more weight to about 50%. currently the subject is at about 40%.
2. i am not sure if it is my screen but it looks on the soft side esp the eyes.
3. a little more contrast will give it a less flat look.

- 1. i'll try give it a tighter crop and see how it feels like >.<
2. oo i'll take note of it >.<
3. ok noted~ cause actually i wanted it lesser contrast >.< i shall try it with more contrast.

Thanks alot guys for the constructive comments !
Hope to be able to improve ! (Just started taking models nowadays)