Carpenter ants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack

Oct 20, 2004
www.guoloong.com
My master bedroom has been infested by carpenter ants (the big and black ones)! So annoying... and the are slowing eating away my parquet floor... ;(

Tried using "Combat" ant bait but it seems that it have no effect on those ants at all. Anyone has any solution to this?

My master bedroom has been infested by carpenter ants (the big and black ones)! So annoying... and the are slowing eating away my parquet floor... ;(

Tried using "Combat" ant bait but it seems that it have no effect on those ants at all. Anyone has any solution to this?

those ants are combat-trained and have experience in chemical warfare :D

whats anteater?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anteater

Giant-anteater-4059.jpg

eater of ants

Get professional pestbusters help!

put some soap, the soap that looks like bricks type, and rub it on the area with ants. if never works, last resort, pour kerosene, still never works, then after kerosene u know what to do.

The combat ant bait you got, is it the bait station, the granule type or gel type?
Try getting the gel bait - the type that comes in a syringe-like tube. Not sure if that is readily available - you can try hardware stores. Carpenter ants do not generally go for any bait except in gel form.

Killing individual ants as they come out doesn't do much because the queen, still alive and hidden safely inside the nest, will continue to produce more offspring.

See one, kill one. I assure you, as long as u keep doing it, the colony will be wiped out since, all the scouts and workers who dare appear infront of you will be dead by then. No food for the queen.

That's how i wiped out an entire colony of black ants in my home when i was a kid, and then those pesky little red ant types...all wiped out. See one, kill one. :bsmilie:

Maybe you wanna try vspray? the green insecticide bought from ntuc, around 6 or 7. Maybe try that.

See one, kill one. I assure you, as long as u keep doing it, the colony will be wiped out since, all the scouts and workers who dare appear infront of you will be dead by then. No food for the queen.

:bsmilie:
May work, but one would have to be very free to sit in front of a nest and kill every one that appears!

:bsmilie:
May work, but one would have to be very free to sit in front of a nest and kill every one that appears!

last time kid mah...spent so many countless afternoons being a bloodthirsty ant basher rather some normal kid stuck infront of the tv watching sesame street. :bsmilie:

When i was a kid I used to feed ants with bits of leftover food! Nothing better to do at that time..
But today, now that I recently was trained in pest control, my relatives always ask me go to their house to eradicate ants instead!

bro, why not rear red ants to combat the black ants:bsmilie:
then continue the stories like i have alot red ants housing my home, what shd i do.....:bsmilie:

Haha... i tried the see one kill one method. But only when i'm home at night. So far not effective, and i read that 80% of the ants stay in the nest!

Hmm... i tried sealing of the cracks with wood filter... but seems like i'm unable to find all the holes (I suspect there are some behind the cupboard)

Sian... Mebbe have to call pest control liao... any recommendation?

Dear Threadstarter. Using bleach on your floor will chase all these little critters away. It is currently used by major hospitals and Our Dear Cow council... oops I mean town council.

Haha... i tried the see one kill one method. But only when i'm home at night. So far not effective, and i read that 80% of the ants stay in the nest!

Hmm... i tried sealing of the cracks with wood filter... but seems like i'm unable to find all the holes (I suspect there are some behind the cupboard)

Sian... Mebbe have to call pest control liao... any recommendation?

Sealing the crack may appear to work at first, but they will make new holes ones later. They won't starve to death in just a matter of days, and thats all they need to make a new escape route. Try to find the hole with the most ants coming and going. The pest control professionals will probably centre the treatment around that hole.

Dear Threadstarter. Using bleach on your floor will chase all these little critters away. It is currently used by major hospitals and Our Dear Cow council... oops I mean town council.

Nice. Bid the Parquet Good-bye man! ;-p

Status
Not open for further replies.