Carl Zeiss Lens versus Canon and Nikon Lenses

desmondsoon

Feb 24, 2010
Carl Zeiss lenses are excellent producing superb images.

How do they compare with the pro lenses of Canon and Nikon which the pros rely on ? Are Carl Zeiss better, as good or not as good as Canon and Nikon ?

Any views ?

Yeah, about 5,000 pages worth and discussed to death all over the web. Do we really need to re-start this debate all over again on CS?

Rather than ask questions like these that will never have a solid conclusion, why don't TS go out and shoot more beautiful pictures? I think this question is an absolute waste of time and brain cells that'll get you no where.

Ha ha tech talks usually more than 5mins.
IF in shooting in 5mins can captures a lot beautiful scene!

Last edited:
All are good stuff. Gotta catch 'em all!

Have been a Zeiss lens user since film days and have never thought of lens comparison. If one uses a Nikon or
Canon system one should stick to it faithfully coz you believe in them and that's the reason why you use them.

If one keeps on comparing there will be no end. I believe in Zeiss optics quality but that does not mean Canon or
Nikon are inferior as all lens hold their own in optics quality. So just keep shooting and enjoy !

At the end of the day, it is whether the lens you have produce the image you want with the camera you have and the type of things you shoot.
If it does, it is the best lens for your kind of photography.
If not, than try others until you find one.
Nowadays you can rent them easily. Not in my film days long ago. :nono:
If you still cannot find, you can settle for the next best you like. :angel:
There is no prefect lenses or camera but there is always a prefect picture produce.
Meanwhile enjoy the process to taking great pictures. :thumbsup:

This looks like apple-Samsung fight!! ;)

Buy CZ lenses are like going for the likes of Rolex watch and LV bags.....

They are for the rich lens collectors. More suitable to show on showcase than to be out shooting real photos.

Last edited:
Some people simply spend too much time talking abt gears than shooting.