Careful when attaching TC onto a close up filter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurboiboi

Jan 8, 2003
Loyang
blurboiboi.instantlogic.com
Hi all... juz wanna tell of macro shooters out there... be careful when attaching a TC onto your close up lens to increase focus dist... My TC made a circular scratch on my top most close up lens... HEART ACHE!!!!

May I know what is the brand of your TC and Lens?

Originally posted by blurboiboi
Hi all... juz wanna tell of macro shooters out there... be careful when attaching a TC onto your close up lens to increase focus dist... My TC made a circular scratch on my top most close up lens... HEART ACHE!!!!

oi, why were you doing that in the first place? :dunno:

stacked a +3 hoya over a +4 hoya close up filter...
then screwed a vitacon TC over the +3... caused a circular scratch on the +3.... sian... think becos it curves outwards that's why...

attached a TC to counter the decreased in focus distance...

so is yr TC scratched?? if not u heng liao ....

Originally posted by blurboiboi
stacked a +3 hoya over a +4 hoya close up filter...
then screwed a vitacon TC over the +3... caused a circular scratch on the +3.... sian... think becos it curves outwards that's why...

attached a TC to counter the decreased in focus distance...

Ehh... u add TC will increase the focus distance meh?? :dunno:

Originally posted by NiVleK
Acutally by right should attach the +4 first to the camera or the TC?

if the tc has a thread size that fits the +4 close up, then the distance will still be around 25cm.
So attach the close up to the camera lens first, then the TC to the close up filter to increase the distance. I haven't got a +2 close up filter, so don't know what is the magnification like if used it at a distance of 50cm compared to the +4 filter coupled with a TC.

But the magnification of the subject you get for a +4 filter coupled with a TC at around 45cm distance is slightly smaller than a +4 filter at 25cm distance.

Originally posted by majere2sg
if the tc has a thread size that fits the +4 close up, then the distance will still be around 25cm.
So attach the close up to the camera lens first, then the TC to the close up filter to increase the distance. I haven't got a +2 close up filter, so don't know what is the magnification like if used it at a distance of 50cm compared to the +4 filter coupled with a TC.

But the magnification of the subject you get for a +4 filter coupled with a TC at around 45cm distance is slightly smaller than a +4 filter at 25cm distance.

Ahh... that means it can only increase the focusing distance... but it cannot increase magnification?

Status
Not open for further replies.