Carefree

Neurospark

Oct 4, 2010
Singapore
Hi everyone. Took a shot of my dearest wife as she was hopping along this open patch of land in Woodlands near our home. Just thought that it turned out quite nice. To me it feels like this picture depicts a carefree moment in life. Here we are living stressful lives and only once in a while do we really get to be carefree, away from all those stressors that follow us like our own shadows.

I would love to hear your comments and critique so that I may learn further.

5200591399_08812bb60e_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, colour management and overall feel w.r.t idea/theme

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Learn further regarding techniques in capturing and PPing pics with a "feel"

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Cloudy afternoon, just before it began to rain. My wife was so happy that we had moved into our own home that he literally hopped along the grass patch. Haha.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I'm not sure if i've overdone the PP. Probably a little more than needed. But the grainy look was intended.

Please feel free to leave any of your C&Cs. Many thanks in advance frens!

I feel that it is ok but could have been sharper? Or was it on purpose?

And what really hit me was the color of the grass.
I feel that the grass represents the stressful society you were talking about due to the colors of it as though it is dying. And there your wife is just happily prancing on it.

Edit:
It would be better if can show your wife's smiling face while she is hopping about don't you think?

Last edited:
Hi there, somehow I dun get a carefree feeling from the picture. Perhaps it's coz the field did not look that expansive, with the nearby treeline, that gives me a sense of space n freedom. I feel rather constricted. I am also not sure if the overall hue n tone complements your notion. Call me conventional, but the pic is too dark n gloomy to give a carefree feel.

But hey, congrats to you on your move-in!

The blur is a little disturbing to me. Sorry, style is something that does not work for me.

The picture dun show me the objective, too noisy, too blur, expose not good and everything look dead to me. Sorry for my mean words, but i think should learn from the hard way first.

for a "carefree" feel, doesn't work.

however, it feels like a post apocalyptic memories of pre-apocalyptic life. perhaps retitled it as "lost innocence". u know, the kind of photo a soldier looks at before he seals his power suit and go into battle? ;)

The colour doesn't suit the theme, plants looked dead, it looked like the lady is living in a world that's dying/doomed....the sense of 'life' has been taken away. No life, how to be carefree? Unless you meant afterworld...but I am sure that's not the case.

Try shooting from lower angle? Maybe that may help to increase the vastness of the field, try shifting your horizon upwards? Or get the lady to pose something that represesnts 'carefree' if possible?

Maybe if you change your theme to 'emptiness' that might be better?

Thank you very much for all your comments and critique guys! I'll definitely keep them in mind when shooting in my future... So cheers to ya'll... Thanks!

eh,... why so blur one? If you wan to bring our Carefree feeling.. your wife should open her arms and jump up in the air, facing you.