care to comment this sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlboro03

Feb 23, 2005
hi guys...

care to comment this sunset... improve this..

tks

cheers

sunset12dec06.JPG

sunset01.JPG

sunset03.JPG

hi...tks for taking a look at the pic...

infact i dun really know how to snap pic... especially the setting...

tks for the advice... i will snap and practise more...

:cheers:

mind if i ask where is this taken?

sure no problem..

i took it outside my corridor.. im staying at north side... and top floor.. but I dont really know how come when i snap the sun.. it becomes so dark..

guess still long way to go...

;)

and oopss..forget to mention it.. in Singapore.....

cheers:cheers:

Try to get the color of the sun right, will do wonders for the shot
To get the color of the sun right, you will need a manual white balance
All else will be forgiven :)
The clouds only set the stage, they are dramatic but the sun is the main act

Nice try & keep clicking

You are getting different exposures cos your metering is not consistent. You might be metering at different parts of the sky when you are shooting. 1# has the best exposure among the 3 but also realised that 1# and 3# should be taken at roughly the same time since the cloud formation is almost similar ya? So it has to be your metering problem.

Anyway, as mentioned, try again and experiment which method is the best! :thumbsup:

hi guys..

tks for the comment and sharing ur experience with me..

now i know what is the problem..metering is not consistent ;) and you are rite. pic #1 & #3 taking at the same time.. wow..u really sharp..

;)

will keep on shooting and get more experience .........

cheers..

:cheers:

You are getting different exposures cos your metering is not consistent. You might be metering at different parts of the sky when you are shooting. 1# has the best exposure among the 3 but also realised that 1# and 3# should be taken at roughly the same time since the cloud formation is almost similar ya? So it has to be your metering problem.

Anyway, as mentioned, try again and experiment which method is the best! :thumbsup:

metering not consistent meaning he using diff modes or he is metering on different areas... how do i noe which is perfect area to meter for optimum exposure? and generally under wat circumstances do we use exposure lock (AE-L)? thx

I remember the good old film days when I took down the settings for each frame and learnt which shots are good or bad. Nowadays, for digital it's alot easier to review the settings and learn from there. For sunsets I like to bracket the exposures, alternatively many tips on the Internet like this one :) http://best-family-photography-tips.com/sunset-pictures.html

metering not consistent meaning he using diff modes or he is metering on different areas... how do i noe which is perfect area to meter for optimum exposure? and generally under wat circumstances do we use exposure lock (AE-L)? thx

I remember the good old film days when I took down the settings for each frame and learnt which shots are good or bad. Nowadays, for digital it's alot easier to review the settings and learn from there. For sunsets I like to bracket the exposures, alternatively many tips on the Internet like this one :) http://best-family-photography-tips.com/sunset-pictures.html

hi..

wow..this refer website really helpful for me... tks for sharing...

cheers:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.