Care Tips for Camera when near beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

godzilla60

Nov 25, 2005
North
Hi pros....

i am wondering what care tips must i take note of when i will be staying near the beach for 3 days and shooting at/near the beach too? Coz i heard stories about there having higher humidity and the salt and stuff.....:dunno:

someone pls advise.....:embrass:

For a start, avoid changing lenses, but if u really have to, take precautions,

(1) go somewhere near a shelter or indoors to change lenses, avoid wind/breeze
(2) once dismount, put the lense to your camera bag/lense bag, and use ur body to cover the lense mount on the camera
(3) quickly mount new lense, and using ur body to shield again wind/breeze

lastly, clean up the entire lense barrel/body with little-moist cloth to remove dust/sand/salt/etc, air it a while, then put back into the dry cabinet.

Also, while on the beach, mount the hood on ur lense, avoid going near bodies of water with kids or pets, avoid shooting into direct sunlight, lastly, go with a happy mood and enjoy shooting near/at the beach. :)

Additional Info:
There is NO dry cabinet there....sigh

mmm....ok...the tips that dun involve changing lens will apply to me.....coz i haven't the $$$ to get another lens other than kit lens yet....:cry:

Dry cabinet as in, after all the events, u clear ur lense(s) up, and put them in the cabinet @ ur home. :)

but can carry a dry box with you... hmmm... dry cabinet also can lah... depending on how much you want to take along :bsmilie:

dun use and dun shoot...leave it at home...:)

use a waterproof camera and rinse under running water at the end of the day

mmmm.... guess i have to buy the 3M Scotchgard and spray on my Sony Alpha to make it waterproof then....haha :bsmilie::bsmilie:

i shoot a lot near beaches
so far no problem
:dunno:

maybe is time bomb :bsmilie:
most of the time i only worry whether the stupid sea water will splash onto my cam =/

Status
Not open for further replies.