care of lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensx

Feb 2, 2003
Visit site
hello..

just wondering for lenses like sigma/tamron 14mm with curved surface at front of lens barrel, how do one take care not to leave prints/ prevent scratches to the surface?

i understand for standard lenses, we can use an UV-filter as a protective layer too.

any ideas/exp to share, folks?

I guess there is no way other than just lens cap for those fisheyes, even you can mount a filter it will vignette too.

sensx said:
hello..

just wondering for lenses like sigma/tamron 14mm with curved surface at front of lens barrel, how do one take care not to leave prints/ prevent scratches to the surface?

i understand for standard lenses, we can use an UV-filter as a protective layer too.

any ideas/exp to share, folks?

some suggest having the hoods always on as a " protective wall "

Navyblue said:
Is there a hood for fisheye lenses?

I think most fisheye lenses already come with a built-in (non-removable) hood.
But given the fisheye coverage, these hoods tend to be small and do not provide much physical protection.

That's excactly what I thought, there is no way to really have a "hood" that covers the lens for a 180 deg view.

Dont worry la, there are professionals who used all their lenses without any filter protection for years without any problem.

Just be careful and a few scratches on the element is not going for affect the image.

haha.. thanks ppl for all your kind replies..

hmm.. was thinking of btw the 14mm lens and a 17-35mm.. heart goes towards a prime leh.. ;p

will consider.. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.