Care for Body and Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

burrppp

Mar 20, 2009
can i leave the lens attached to the body wen not taking photo ie over night(no dry cabinet yet)...

hello all,
I would say yes, but not much information in your post?? Do you have a good dust free place to put it overnight or not? I think as long as you have the lens cap on and it is in a safe place, it will be fine without a dry cabinet for it.

Are you going to purchase a camera case for it at some point as well? Happy picture adventures for you all!

for any professional help or tips....photographer dubai

got a soft leather case that good enough to cover the lens cum body... cheer ... anyway gonna get dry cabinet soon after i move in to my new place...

Try to get one quick... it's very hot and humid these days....

If you use your camera daily, theres no need for a dry box soon.

But, just get it.
Airtight box + thirsty hippo/seaweed packet thingy/de-humidifier/silica gel will work as well.

You can leave your lenses on the camera body for months or whatsoever (that's if you store them in a dry box), no problem with leaving the lens on the camera.

I would leave it in a dry box.

can i leave the lens attached to the body wen not taking photo ie over night(no dry cabinet yet)...

Yes you can.

And get a dry cabinet as well

Ryan

I would rather keep it in the dry cabinet althought is a bit of hassel to take in and out. One advice, you never know when and prevention is better than sending your DSLR for service.

Cheers,
Robin

Putting in a nice dry aircon room helps too. My office aircon is so cold & dry, the humidity level is only 45%.

If you are really short of cash, just get a drybox first. It's <$20, and will definitely provide some protection for your camera.

gonna get the Aipo 38L anyway soon .. heard that better to take photo everyday to prevent funga and stuff since idont hv the dry cabin yet...

just to CFM again .. if got dry cabin... lens attached to the body also ok...

gonna get the Aipo 38L anyway soon .. heard that better to take photo everyday to prevent funga and stuff since idont hv the dry cabin yet...

Yes... I always leave my lens attached

If your drybox or cabinet has the space, not problem leaving them attached. For me, I detach because I don't have space in the cabinet.

ok roger that

My lens has been on my camera for a month.

Putting in a nice dry aircon room helps too. My office aircon is so cold & dry, the humidity level is only 45%.

You leave your camera in the office?

My lens has been on my camera for a month.

Hehe .... mine has been there for 2 months already.

I think should be OK if not too long but am planning to get a dry cabinet very soon.

My body always have a lens attached on. Nothing wrong since day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.