Card readers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I bought a full-speed Sandisk reader at MS Color. Empties an 8GB card in a couple of minutes. Nice.

Get any variant of Sandisk or Lexar card readers, you will not be disappointed. Have tried a 3rd party card reader to download 4000 JPGs from an SD card; it obviously cannot handle such a load, and as a result many files could not open or had some lines missing from the picture, probably from inaccurate data transfer. :faint:

Mine's an older Sandisk Imagemate 12-in-1, not lightning fast but reliable. If you need fast transfer speeds you'd probably need one with the firewire, think there's a 15-in-1 right now that has that and is plenty cool - very svelte in a slim shiny black casing.

think there's a 15-in-1 right now that has that and is plenty cool - very svelte in a slim shiny black casing.

That's the one i have, but it's USB 2.0

I'm using the USB 2.0 Sandisk Extreme card reader for my Extreme III card, very fast!

so only at ms color ah? :(

Seems that very few shops sells the sandisk readers.. went shopping for it around funan but couldn't find in many many shops. Some shops sells almost any kind of readers but sandisk ones.

I got sandisk reader at alan photo funan a few mths back. :)

Seems that very few shops sells the sandisk readers.. went shopping for it around funan but couldn't find in many many shops. Some shops sells almost any kind of readers but sandisk ones.

I got sandisk reader at alan photo funan a few mths back. :)

Yes AP Funan do sell it and i also got my USB 2.0 one from there last year. But now they only sell the firewire one and another new type.

Try kingston card reader, fast And cheap, btw I used sandisk USB extreme before too. speed wise, both are quite equal

Initially wanted to buy the firewire one but too costly for a card reader.

I oli use FireWire portable hdd, fast and stable. FireWire card reader? Really require?

$20ish kingston USB multiple card reader vs $100ish FireWire card reader for cf and sd card only.

I decided Kingston $20ish able to save my day I believe

I oli use FireWire portable hdd, fast and stable. FireWire card reader? Really require?

$20ish kingston USB multiple card reader vs $100ish FireWire card reader for cf and sd card only.

I decided Kingston $20ish able to save my day I believe

To some speed matters. :sweat:

Wow great! I never know that Sandisk card reader is so useful (and a bit ex...). Only use some no brand card reader...

Wow great! I never know that Sandisk card reader is so useful (and a bit ex...). Only use some no brand card reader...

If quality is good, then the price would seemed "cheaper". Just bought a China made multicard reader,costing S$30, used once and that's it. Even China made irons are also very bad, two reputable brands. Down with China made goods :thumbsd:

i've got a delkin devices card reader. it's very good

I've been using the Sony 17-in-1 reader, FAST but it's only recently that I found out it does not read SDHC, only SD that it reads and other cards including CF no problem... only cost less than $25.

I'm currently looking for the SanDisk Extreme SD and CF card (yea 2-in-1) reader but can't seem to find anywhere... only see the CF reader. Any idea?

If you need fast transfer speeds you'd probably need one with the firewire, think there's a 15-in-1 right now that has that and is plenty cool - very svelte in a slim shiny black casing.
actually the transfer rate of a firewire and the new USB2.0 High Speed are the same. Just check if it mentions "high speed" on the device, otherwise it will be just 12MBPS. With High speed it will be above 400Mbps. Most of the external HDDs now come with USB2.0 HS

actually the transfer rate of a firewire and the new USB2.0 High Speed are the same. Just check if it mentions "high speed" on the device, otherwise it will be just 12MBPS. With High speed it will be above 400Mbps. Most of the external HDDs now come with USB2.0 HS

Isn't sustained Firewire still higher than USB 2.0? Thought the sustained rate of USB 2, drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.