Lomo

Feb 4, 2006
Govt. loves to wear all-white
I need some feedbacks on

Ext-IV-USB-130.jpg

SanDisk Extreme® 2.0 USB Reader

and

udma_dual_lrg.jpg

Lexar Professional UDMA Dual-Slot USB Reader.

Anyone tired/has any of the above? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks! :D

i have a sandisk one in office
fast and good
but too exp.

Lexar Card Reader is selling at $50 in the IT Show and the Sandisk Extreme is selling at $30.

Just compare with the price and the cards they are designed to read, I will say it is more worth it to get the Sandisk Extreme.

My 3 in 1 Sandisk Extreme works well with my SD cards.
No Lexar to compare though.

Ryan

Lexar Card Reader is selling at $50 in the IT Show and the Sandisk Extreme is selling at $30.

Just compare with the price and the cards they are designed to read, I will say it is more worth it to get the Sandisk Extreme.

Thats not too bad. Can get one for each of your computer! :D

I m using Sandisk. Good and fast

Just purchased 2 of these by Lexar from the US. UDMA Firewire800 stackable CF card readers. 85SGD each (US dollar is falling! and 'tumpang' someone's vpost). I like the stackable concept and it stacks up to a maximum of 4. It means i can download 4 (ExtremeIV speed equivalent or lower) CF cards with 1 Firewire 800 cable at 1 time!

Well, but i can only download 2 cards since i only bought 2 pieces. I was sick of cheap 'madeinchina' card readers that kept spoiling on me after a couple month's use.

Just purchased 2 of these by Lexar from the US. UDMA Firewire800 stackable CF card readers. ..
Well, but i can only download 2 cards since i only bought 2 pieces. I was sick of cheap 'madeinchina' card readers that kept spoiling on me after a couple month's use.

:bsmilie: Did you check if your two Lexar readers are "madeinchina" as well?
Alot of flash memory devices are made in china

I saw these 2 at IT show, that's why I posted this.

I thought the Sandisk reader is going for $36? Where's the $30 deal?

hehehe...yalor. I think alot of people forget about that part.

Just want to add..

I have used a number of card readers...from cheap to good ones that cost $50 or more and they will all spoile sooner or later after some use. So what I do now is just get a cheap one for about $15.00...use it till it breaks. Break meaning for some reason it just stop seeing my card that is inserted thus window XP does not see it and let me access it Or the cardreader just does not show up as being connected to my PC. Usually a cheap one last about a year or so ...so it all worked out to less then $1.00 per month. Not too bad lah heheh...

Same goes for that Apple iPod junk connector BS... original cost so much but last about a year or less and the wires starts to come loose at the connection portion that enters either the ends. So now I get the $10 made in china one...guess what..it last longer then the ipod replacement I bought! chey! heheh Oh an dby the way....ipods are all made in China too.

:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

I didn't see that! Shhhhhhhhhhhhh********t :cry:

Haha. I presume its made in china as well, maybe i should rephrase as 'brandless card readers made in china'. At least if these spoil i am still backed by a 2 year warranty albeit there'll be some hassle.

I guess ultimately its whatever works best for you! Some pple like to buy and throw and always have a new reader but others just like one good one. Preferences preferences. haha.

am using both the SanDisk Extreme USB and the Extreme FW800 one, both are definitely faster than any other OEM card readers i have used before.

If you got alot of Extreme III cards, go with the USB model, the Extreme IIIs wont go much faster on the FW800 compared to the USB one.

If you got alot of Extreme IV cards, then go with the FW800 if budget allows, the only way to optimise the money spent on the FW800 card reader would be if you are using it with Extreme IV cards.

My two cents based on personal usage experience.

am using both the SanDisk Extreme USB and the Extreme FW800 one, both are definitely faster than any other OEM card readers i have used before.

If you got alot of Extreme III cards, go with the USB model, the Extreme IIIs wont go much faster on the FW800 compared to the USB one.

If you got alot of Extreme IV cards, then go with the FW800 if budget allows, the only way to optimise the money spent on the FW800 card reader would be if you are using it with Extreme IV cards.

Great! I would go for it and grab it at the IT show tomorrow. ;)

A little off topic....I saw some Lexar CF cards at the show, is Lexar better (faster) than Sandisk?

I got the first one free. Good reader with fast speeds.

thanks. missed the it show

thanks. missed the it show

i got both my readers from MScolor AMK HUB. dont know how much more i could have saved if i bothered bargain hunting around SLS, but the thought of all that hassle for perhaps a 5 dollar savings was not really worth the extra effort.

you could go try check with them to see if they have anymore stocks.

I think i remember paying 35 for the USB extreme reader and it was 100over for the FW one, cant remember exact.

got this friendly young chap there who helped me order the readers in, wei long or shao long.

=)

Status
Not open for further replies.