Card Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
can someone help me out here? I have a 2GB Kingston Ultimate SD card which I bought about a year ago.. haven't been using it for some time, so when I inserted it into my cam recently, it showed a card error message.. plugged it into my com, and it only showed 8MB.. tried to format it, but the problem still persist..
luckily no pics were inside, can't imagine losing 2GB worth of pics..

can go kingston and change, i think can. If troublesome, now sd card cheap, buy new one.

should be lifetime warranty right?

can go kingston to exchange

hmm.. any idea where can I go to exchange?

You've to bring your receipt.

CONVERGENT SYSTEMS (S) PTE. LTD.

60 Albert Street
#11-01 Albert Complex
Singapore 189969
Tel: +65 6337-0177
Fax: +65 6336-2247

Opening Hours:
Weekdays: 9am-6pm,
Saturday: 9am -2.45pm,
Sundays & Public Holidays: Closed

http://www.convergent.com.sg/contact.asp

Had same problem with one of my cards last year. Brought it down to Converget on a Sat morning, the tested it and gave me a new one. No hassle, all done within 30 mins (of which about 25 mins was waiting time!).

It's lucky no photos were inside lol, remember to mug for mye eh, don't play too much with your pns :)

thanks for the info.. I've to bring my recipt? erm, its been a year already and I think I've thrown it away..
would they still entertain me if I didn't have a recipt and just bring down the card?

errr my pns oso experienced that be4 ....luky that was a 128mb card onli old old de

I just did an exchange of my Kingston 2GB microSD card a few months ago as my handphone could not read it. Took 2 weeks for the exchange.

I read in the Hardwarezone forum that Convergent Systems will not entertain exchanges without any receipt. I've kept my receipt from that day onward.

You might want to try your luck.

HTH.

thanks for the info.. I've to bring my recipt? erm, its been a year already and I think I've thrown it away..
would they still entertain me if I didn't have a recipt and just bring down the card?

I just did an exchange of my Kingston 2GB microSD card a few months ago as my handphone could not read it. Took 2 weeks for the exchange.

I read in the Hardwarezone forum that Convergent Systems will not entertain exchanges without any receipt. I've kept my receipt from that day onward.

You might want to try your luck.

HTH.

thanks for the info.. I rather get a new card then.. 2 weeks for an exchange, don't think its worth it even if I succeed..

thinking of getting Sandisk's Ultra II SD plus USB.. anyone knows whats the latest price for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.