Car with extra lock?

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
When the car got break in, thief can just drives away after releasing hand brake. What if the hand brake also need another activation? Like ATM kind of thing, swap card and pin number. It might be troublesome for most but for those who own expensive cars and in neighbor countries, wouldn't it be a nice extra security feature to be in? :think:

Theres already steering wheel lock available in the market.

What if something goes wrong and driver needs to activate emergency brake? He will be dead if he needs to swap a card and enter PIN number first.

Proven technology :bsmilie:

images

Entering%2BCar%2B%231.jpg

What if something goes wrong and driver needs to activate emergency brake? He will be dead if he needs to swap a card and enter PIN number first.

Hand brake system will only be activated after car alarm activated. Solved. :D
Still can cut the steering wheel if the car worth the $. Like those $300k and above cars, might consider having it.
But in the end, the thief always smarter, hmm....

If u can find $300k car parked in the open for thieves to lay their hand .. hmmm ...

Ppl with exp car will not be going to slezy places in the first place.

Eh...brother...not sure what era's car u driving....if you set auto-gear to P....you cannot change gear until you start your engine....if not...there is always after market steering lock....gear lock.....brake lock....clutch lock....you name it....they already have it....why so troublesome need extra handbrake lock? What if some car no handbrake....you will need legbreak lock? And in some ulu place with no parking rule (Like those private car park in Penang's Kek Lok Si).....those parking lot uncle have to manoeuvre your car within tight parking compound...if your handbrake is engage then you sabo them big time.....that is where your car will come back in many pieces :bsmilie:

If u can find $300k car parked in the open for thieves to lay their hand .. hmmm ...

Ppl with exp car will not be going to slezy places in the first place.

I think many Mercedes and BMWs in Geylang lorongs. But the most dangerous place is also the safest place.
It is a gangster controlled area. Brothels need to keep their rich customers happy. Car thieves fear what the gangsters will do to them if they try to steal a car there.

Last edited:
Someone was telling there is a car alarm that can switch off the car engine when activated by the owner. No details. Maybe someone who is familiar can comment.

ManWearPants said:
Someone was telling there is a car alarm that can switch off the car engine when activated by the owner. No details. Maybe someone who is familiar can comment.

Not sure how advance now, few years back had used those kind of 2-way alarm system, where u can start engine using alarm remote etc (plus other features). Good for those car need some warming up or owner feel it better to warm up.
But to drive off or engaged gear, still need keys to be inserted.
There also some thief or robber feature. Press some button, the engine will auto cut off after a while.
It like if got robbed or what, the robber will drive car for some distance and it will stop. So u be some distance away, else the robber may hurt u if he can't move ur vehicle in front of u. With vehicle stalled some distance away, u have some time to run for safety 1st

Last edited:
Not sure how advance now, few years back had used those kind of 2-way alarm system, where u can start engine using alarm remote etc (plus other features). Good for those car need some warming up or owner feel it better to warm up.
But to drive off or engaged gear, still need keys to be inserted.
There also some thief or robber feature. Press some button, the engine will auto cut off after a while.
It like if got robbed or what, the robber will drive car for some distance and it will stop. So u be some distance away, else the robber may hurt u if he can't move ur vehicle in front of u. With vehicle stalled some distance away, u have some time to run for safety 1st

Heard that some two way alarm system can electrocut the thief on the driver's seat when the owner press some button

I think many Mercedes and BMWs in Geylang lorongs. But the most dangerous place is also the safest place.
It is a gangster controlled area. Brothels need to keep their rich customers happy. Car thieves fear what the gangsters will do to them if they try to steal a car there.

that is a good one, bro.

a security video cum gps system that sends alarm and video to police or security agencies so that they can know the identity of the culprit and hunt him down by tracking him.
All these done stealthily without his knowledge.

Hi guys, I would suggest not to install too many of these fancy stuff. The electrical circuits may cause problem if it is not done properly. Worst case scenario, fire due to burnt wire.

Nothing beats the steering lock if you think you need to secure your car. By the visual of the lock, would be thief will look for an easier target. As to the 'P' lock, just a sharp metal can release it easily. So a external lock is preferred.

Sell the car. Take public transport. Problem solved. We have excellent public transport (although it kind of like delaying these few years. But at least you still get from location A to B.) much better than many in other countries.

Just wheel-clamp your own car. But enough, then clamp all four wheels.

lol u living in a neighboring country ?

I need to drive my sport car to track for racing as local no track for me to race. ;p

Heard that some two way alarm system can electrocut the thief on the driver's seat when the owner press some button

I previosly used one brand called SPY...the inbuild Li-Ion need frequent recharging...and being rechargable...it inherits the 1~2 years life span problem...don't be sruprise out of the blue...the remote out of juice when you happily finished shopping arriving in car park...the manual override also damn complicated...so I chucked it after 2 yrs+ of use

Maybe you only need a Nokia handset and a prepaid SIM...if you got rob...just send a txt to that number and the car will explode in seconds :lovegrin: