CAR suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about the nissan latio? any good?

I'm not too sure whether the highest grade has a gold appearance. Some cars come with a slight tint and normally the V-kool guys will recommend the grade which will pass the LTA req.

Some car owners don't care about the LTA rules and just go for the highest grade. But bear in mind that if caught or kena complain, you gotta remove it.

Generally from what I was told, the front(front wind screen, driver and front passenger) cannnot be tinted as much as the rear. There are some rules by LTA on this.

The comfort comes from me or passengers feeling less heat from the sun when the rays fall on our skin/clothing. So I don't have to turn down the air-con temp. and air-con no need to work so hard. I guess in a way fuel consumption would be slightly less though I have no method to measure it.

Hewland said:
For the highest grade, does the film have a reflective gold appearance? I believe LTA won't pass that come inspection time eh?

Since V-kool rejects heat do you turn up the temp on the AC? As such the AC has to work less hard so do you notice a drop in fuel consumption asides enhanced comfort during long drives?

Consider Toyota Wish...fuel efficiency and cheap compare to its class...

Lots of body kits :)

rainman said:
Consider Toyota Wish...fuel efficiency and cheap compare to its class...

Lots of body kits :)

Heh, no lar not into hatchbacks.

dreamseeker said:
I'm not too sure whether the highest grade has a gold appearance. Some cars come with a slight tint and normally the V-kool guys will recommend the grade which will pass the LTA req.

Some car owners don't care about the LTA rules and just go for the highest grade. But bear in mind that if caught or kena complain, you gotta remove it.

Generally from what I was told, the front(front wind screen, driver and front passenger) cannnot be tinted as much as the rear. There are some rules by LTA on this.

The comfort comes from me or passengers feeling less heat from the sun when the rays fall on our skin/clothing. So I don't have to turn down the air-con temp. and air-con no need to work so hard. I guess in a way fuel consumption would be slightly less though I have no method to measure it.

Oh yes I recall my conversation with this guy re the reflective gold V-Kool. He had it done in JB, not locally. I guess for safety reasons the front windscreen cannot be tinted to the same degree as the others.

The only prdt I've tried is Riken. Seems to get the job done very effectively!

Currently own a Mondeo, and recently test drove Altis, Vios, Nissan Sunny, Mazda 3.

The driving dynamics of the 2 toyotas were, in a word, AWFUL. Numb and imprecise steering, I dare say worse than some MPVs even. Tried the Mazda, it was like night and day, and the Sunny wasn't too bad. If drive quality is important to you, forget about the toyotas.

dreamseeker said:

Then u must sit in my Altis and I sit in ya Honda ;p

dkw said:
Currently own a Mondeo, and recently test drove Altis, Vios, Nissan Sunny, Mazda 3.

The driving dynamics of the 2 toyotas were, in a word, AWFUL. Numb and imprecise steering, I dare say worse than some MPVs even. Tried the Mazda, it was like night and day, and the Sunny wasn't too bad. If drive quality is important to you, forget about the toyotas.

I think you can't compare these Japs with the handling of the Mondeo.

I had experience with Vios and I can tell you it is no where near the handling of the Jazz which I graded it as slightly above average as Honda has better handling FF cars. However, for comfort and a point A to B car, I think the Altis fits in nicely.

Its actually what you are looking for in the package. If its the drive, you should also consider the Impreza TS which is AWD. If you can pushed it a little further, go for the ultimate boy racer's wet dream -- Impreza WRX.

the vios has nice pickup seriously speaking for its price. quite small and be slow when you corner. high CG. Nissan sedans are damn ugly, somemore like you said - Uncle.
Mazda are nice to look at but i guarantee you the less than ideal build and fit quality will show quickly after about a year. Altis is the ideal if you are not into sporty drives.
Lancer is made in Japan, as said earlier in the thread. change into bucket seat and you're looking cool and comfortable!
Fuel econonmy - Toyota is King
Looks - Lancer, amongs your listed options. Vios also nice.

for reference: most commonly seen more-than-10yr cars on the road are Corolla & Lancer. The others? owners give up before 10 yrs!
(a more-than-10yr old lancer can do 12.5~14.5km / litre, corolla about 12.5-15km )
new toyota vios or altis should do 14km/l at least, new Lancer at least 13.5 km/l, new impreza? still 10.5 or 11km/l !!!! (based on mix of urban and highway)

but a boxer engine is Cool! WRX! also Evo 9! but more $$$.

The CG of Jazz should be higher than Vios right? No?

I think ultimately, to each his own.
Get what u r comfortable with.
Its a huge amount of money one is spending here.
Prolly the next biggest purchase apart from your home.

I would have gone for other cars if i have a bigger pay packet, but with wat i have, i will have to constraint myself to certain models.
Choose the best value for $ car in its class.

I think you should go and test drive all the available cars under your budget... and then decide
No point talking the talk...

markccm said:
The CG of Jazz should be higher than Vios right? No?

I think ultimately, to each his own.
Get what u r comfortable with.
Its a huge amount of money one is spending here.
Prolly the next biggest purchase apart from your home.

I would have gone for other cars if i have a bigger pay packet, but with wat i have, i will have to constraint myself to certain models.
Choose the best value for $ car in its class.

Sometimes the suspension setup and wheel base play a part. I find that the Vios has this "floating" feeling when pushed hard round corners. Then again, the Jazz is not exactly a good handler. I am benchmarking it against the previous version of EK Civics which is good. That being said, the Vios is definitely a faster car than the Jazz. With its kerb weight I believe it may not even have problem out stripping cars like Sunny and Impreza TS.

not an issue lah.

spend some money & u get lowered suspension, stiffer springs & shock absorbers.
can add thicker ARB, stut bars, broader tyres to aid in cornering also.

some Vios have cornered at 90km/h on 17" wheels stock suspension setup.
no issues.
but of coz, thats madness lah.
no person in the right frame of mind would do that.

i'm in 15" stock suspension, corner at 60-70km/h sometimes.
still ok lah.
have to admit there is bodyroll. But thats natural.

for normal driving any stock setup is more than enuff to get by daily driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.