Car signal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
hmm i find that i dun really understand drivers nowadays... was travelling along PIE just now... den all of a sudden a honda civic tried to overtake me, den it wind down its window & raise his hands out... might be some nice gesture i guess... ;p den it got blocked by the cars in front... so i changed lane, den not that i purposely overtake him... he high beamed me and tailgate me all the way... omg... so try to shake him off, i go faster than 'usual' hehe... lucky me... btw is he a robber? din know sg also got those car robbers who flag innocent boys like me in the middle of expressways...

my average speed was 90-100... my car no spoiler... just a normal saloon car only... y ar?

if i am driving a car .. i will hold on hard .. JAm the brake and let him hit me
wait to claim insurance ..

did i see honda civic ?
no comments

there was when when i was in my dad's car , this car behind (with HIDlights) shone high light into my car, fed up we let him over take and shine highligh back. that driver thinks we want to challenge and let us over take and did the same thing,,, some more tail me back to the entrance of my house.
;(

Were you on the extreme right lane at that time??

But still that driver(Civic) was too impatient and rude.

I have stayed 3 years oversea, and in comparision, Singaporean drivers are generally :thumbsd: drivers. Rude, inconsiderate, impatient and bully are just some common traits. I used to be quite impatient when driving (admit it, most of us are). Now I try to be more patient and forgiving, but there are still times when I lose my cool. But it will be nice if all of us are more considerate.

For those who had been high beamed by others...have you ever wondered what really caused another driver to high beamed or horned at you. You might have done something that another driver would have considered inconsiderate.

actually... i consider myself quite fast on lane 1, normally i would glance at my rear mirror frequently to see if there is any fast moving vehicle coming in, so if i dun wish to go fast, i normally would give way... this guy was just wayang i suppose... maybe he was smoking, so the hand was out and holding his fist up? den using 1 hand to cut inbetween me & the car infront... scary...

I used to think that as long as I'm driving at or slightly higher than the speed limit, I have all the right to continue at the exreme right lane, even on the expressway. But in Europe, there is this unwritten rule everybody follows: unless overtaking, you will always keep to the right lane (LH drive there). In a 2 lane road, you can easily overtake other car because all other drivers will cut back to the right lane after overtaking another car and even if there is no car behind in sight. Here in Singapore we see a lot of road hoggers that just refuse to give way to other faster drivers.

To me, a slow road hogging driver is equally at fault as an impatient speeding driver. You may say that if all drivers are patient and obey all speed limits, our roads will be very easy to drive, then we'll going to have to face massive jams everywhere we go. Thats becasue if everybody drive at the same speed, all the cars will get bunch up and accumulate and cause even slower speed and the effect continues.....

Anyway I think it will take a miracle to see all drivers be considerate and courteous. There will always be black sheep, and there will always be some young punks that want to show off their "initial D" skills. We just have to learn to be patient and more forgiving. Oh yeah, more alert to spot and avoid potential trouble. No use grumbling over this. Life too short for that.

wah. u mean u seen ppl drifting on sg roads?

DCA, must be your "Korean" good looks, main motivation must be jealously that's what happens.

Funny lei, for me when I filter to lane1, normally most of the time the cars in front give way....maybe they see my P plate :sweatsm:

Wonder what would happen if tailgate TP?...hahha :devil:

Sjourn said:
DCA, must be your "Korean" good looks, main motivation must be jealously that's what happens.

Funny lei, for me when I filter to lane1, normally most of the time the cars in front give way....maybe they see my P plate :sweatsm:

Wonder what would happen if tailgate TP?...hahha :devil:

ah hia, le eh ch'ia nang kua dio oi kia gai le, tak dio oi siam jit peng eh
(brother, with the kind of car you are driving others see already of course will feel intimidated, sure move aside for you)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
eikin u teochew lang ar?

btw sjourn, yours is not categorized as a normal saloon car, thats y...

correction, teo chew nang :bsmilie:

DCA , last time when this kind of driver play with me i'll play with them lor ..... jam brake jam brake see he can kiss my butt or not . but after marriage ... my wife will always tell me to give way lah .... anyway they are rushing to die earlier mah , she will say ... so , jus give way to the side lor let him cheong lor ... but most of the time, they are block by cars in front hahah . Come on lah ... look at CTE , how fast can a EVO IX go ....

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
eikin u teochew lang ar?

btw sjourn, yours is not categorized as a normal saloon car, thats y...

No ar..my ride is as normal as anyone else. Not even turbo lor. must be the P plate lar... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

One thing that irritates me though are cars that have a perfectly working signal and they don't use it. ..luxury cars have more "broken/not working" signals than anyone else's...imagine buying 150K+ car and signal light not working :bsmilie: It's just an effortless flick of the finger to turn it on, so please be more considerate for other road users. :)

aiyah, these people just digging their own grave lah. anyways dun ever confront or do anything to make things worse than it is.

my friend had the same experience and let the car go in front and
not suprisingly, it met with an accident! hahahaha :bsmilie:

spraylord said:
my friend had the same experience and let the car go in front and
not suprisingly, it met with an accident! hahahaha :bsmilie:

That is something I have always wanted to see when some other driver just cut into my path recklessly and without signalling :devil: :devil:

:angel: No, must not have this kind of thoughts.... :angel:

spraylord said:
aiyah, these people just digging their own grave lah. anyways dun ever confront or do anything to make things worse than it is.

'dig own grave' nevermind, just don't 'help others dig their graves' can already

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm i find that i dun really understand drivers nowadays... was travelling along PIE just now... den all of a sudden a honda civic tried to overtake me, den it wind down its window & raise his hands out... might be some nice gesture i guess... ;p den it got blocked by the cars in front... so i changed lane, den not that i purposely overtake him... he high beamed me and tailgate me all the way... omg... so try to shake him off, i go faster than 'usual' hehe... lucky me... btw is he a robber? din know sg also got those car robbers who flag innocent boys like me in the middle of expressways...

my average speed was 90-100... my car no spoiler... just a normal saloon car only... y ar?
U're in front of him right? Nah dude... Be cool.

Unwind ur window, give him The Bird and continue driving. Don't overtake, juz carry on. If he roars past u (not say u'll lose a piece of meat if he overtakes u), juz let it be.

He'll definitely finger u back. If that's the case, keep ur cool, smile and wave to him in a 'Thank You' gesture. Let's see the Ah Beng driver's reaction. :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
U're in front of him right? Nah dude... Be cool.

Unwind ur window, give him The Bird and continue driving. Don't overtake, juz carry on. If he roars past u (not say u'll lose a piece of meat if he overtakes u), juz let it be.

He'll definitely finger u back. If that's the case, keep ur cool, smile and wave to him in a 'Thank You' gesture. Let's see the Ah Beng driver's reaction. :bsmilie:

The bird nowadays cannot show liao...can be fined..

Status
Not open for further replies.