Car servicing at a workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004
I sent my car to the agent workshop for servicing and at the end of the day I discovered

somebody had set the temp to 19 degree...(not the first time)

My setting is always 24 degree..

The car was left there for almost 3 hours and the servicing did not include aircon servicing

:think: And the point is?

Someone was enjoying aircon comfort in your car?
That will be 3 hours of idle time on the engine... lots of fuel wasted?

Wasted 3 hrs or Aircon when u are not the one using it? Ask the workshop to topup the aircon Gas lah .... Pointless ....

quite common...last time when I sent my previous conti car to the agent for servicing, the aircon will be on full blast and the radio will be tuned to some Malaysian Chinese channel when I collect my car...go figure! :bsmilie:

normal lah, i don't think you want the mechanic to be sweating all over your car
anyway most of the time he will be outside

Just be glad that the mileage didn't increase by another 80+ km over a period of 7 days for "testing" purposes like mine! ;(

:eek: Quite a test.

same thing happen to me..i send for service and complain air con not cold..when time to collect car..they say mechanic already check, no problem found..then back to my car, temperature set to minimum, fan set to highest speed..:bsmilie:i never go back there liao..

This is sometimes done to check :
1) aircon temp
2) air con cut in and out switch
3) air con fan switch
4) engine temp ( overheating during high air con usage )

Though you mention that air con is not part of your servicing, most machinic will do this check as normal part of servicing inspection.

Hope this helps.

1) aircon temp
3) air con fan switch

Though you mention that air con is not part of your servicing, most machinic will do this check as normal part of servicing inspection.

Hope this helps.

ya some will also release the gas, so that the next day you will return for top up.

1) aircon temp
3) air con fan switch

Hope this helps.

At least inform the owner else misunderstanding loh!

Just hope that this is the case.

Maybe we should ask the workshop!

in contrary, the other day when I got my car back from the workshop, the temp was set to max (dunny maybe it is 30degc) and fan off. lucky no sweaty smell in my car :p

I sent my car to the agent workshop for servicing and at the end of the day I discovered

The car was left there for almost 3 hours and the servicing did not include aircon servicing

in contrary, the other day when I got my car back from the workshop, the temp was set to max (dunny maybe it is 30degc) and fan off. lucky no sweaty smell in my car :p

I think the tech set the temp to 19 degree during servicing and then to the max as they had forgotten your setting.

Check with the workshop as to why the change in the setting?

I may be wrong!

Most of the times (99%) the mechanic or foreman will adjust your aircon , radio and car sit to their preference when testing out our car / engine performance , most of the workshop had no enforce rules for mechanic not to adjust customer's aircon , radio and car sit . you can always write in and complaint the workshop ( only apply to car dealer or agent ) .

Most of the times (99%) the mechanic or foreman will adjust your aircon , radio and car sit to their preference when testing out our car / engine performance , most of the workshop had no enforce rules for mechanic not to adjust customer's aircon , radio and car sit . you can always write in and complaint the workshop ( only apply to car dealer or agent ) .

think write in to complain will be a total waste of time.
So what they offer an apology? some more I'd wonder if I would be black listed and next time I go back to the same workshop, they do something funny to my car :dunno:

I would be more than happy if they did the job properly (service/fix) as they promised, and I'd waive the rest of on radio/seat/air con settings.

Not meaning to be nasty here, but do you have a life? I mean so effing what if the airconditioning temperature was change and who gives a stuff it it took 3 hours to service. Get over it, it's just a bl**dy car for Pete's sake.

Should write to the workshop to complan...setting thermostat to 19 deg, dont know cause how many threes to overwork their suckion of CO2 emission. Someone must paid for the lives of this innocent threes.

Status
Not open for further replies.