car rental for new drivers? any lobang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikonsiao

Sep 2, 2004
singapore
www.weddingdairy.blogspot.com
Hi fellow clubsnappers,
just wondering ..is there any place where new class 3 drivers can rent cars from..checked with a few companies and they only allow holders of more than 1 or 2 years to rent their vehicles....
just another wonder, if these new drivers dun pratice driving for more than 1 or 2 years, by the time they can rent vehicles, wun they be more dangerous on the roads? just my 2 cents thoughts...... :bsmilie:

aiya.....take heed of famous saying...

BUY BUY BUY

just pass, not much rental car company willingly to rent to you.
too much risk. minimum for car rental is 2years experience, lucky
if you can find one year experience requirement.

you have to find owners who's willingly to rent.

if u ask someone to rent for you,
n u drive. its illegal. kenna wack or accident.
its all from your pocket. (regardless u rite or wrong)
u pay for the damages for the rented car, n you pay for the person who bang u.

NS, in yr case, better to get a good 2nd car...preferably 1000cc, easy to drive...and boost yr confidence level. The used car market is extremely bad so I'm sure u can get a good deal.....some may even allow u to drive away without down-payment.
Pop by Automega-mart.....take yr time to select one or better still, buy from a friend/colleague.

New driver, almost sure to knock the car around, like bumper car.

I suggest to buy a car that is about to scrap so that even if you drive it like a bumber car, it is okay.

FYI my first car, the piller knock into me in about 2 weeks.

ortega said:
New driver, almost sure to knock the car around, like bumper car.

I suggest to buy a car that is about to scrap so that even if you drive it like a bumber car, it is okay.

FYI my first car, the piller knock into me in about 2 weeks.

i also wan to find leh....but i guess i will still drive like a nerd until i get my WRX......hehehe

nikonsiao said:
i also wan to find leh....but i guess i will still drive like a nerd until i get my WRX......hehehe

When you get your WRX let me know
and I will give way to you all the time.

Cheers

there is a car rental company beside mcdonald after the dieppe barrack(1st guard) in yishun that rent cars to new license driver..

i rented a wira from them in 1998,should be still around..

forget the name of the company liao..

kex said:
there is a car rental company beside mcdonald after the dieppe barrack(1st guard) in yishun that rent cars to new license driver..

i rented a wira from them in 1998,should be still around..

forget the name of the company liao..

Should be closed liao bcos they spent too much on repair after renting to too many new drivers :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :blah:

join the share a car program? i heard its only $30 per yr membership n pay a small amt whenever u use... the rate is cheaper than cab.... but not as convenient as cab.... tsk tsk...and also limited pickup n drop off point

nikonsiao said:
Hi fellow clubsnappers,
just wondering ..is there any place where new class 3 drivers can rent cars from..checked with a few companies and they only allow holders of more than 1 or 2 years to rent their vehicles....
just another wonder, if these new drivers dun pratice driving for more than 1 or 2 years, by the time they can rent vehicles, wun they be more dangerous on the roads? just my 2 cents thoughts...... :bsmilie:

BUY BUY BUY

mai tu liao :D

nikonsiao said:
already join a car sharing company......just crossing fingers for them to approve me then.......shoot shoot shoot..... :bsmilie:

remember to buy insurance b4 sitting in his car :bsmilie:

better insure yrself heavily. This new driver highly prone to distraction....
his eyes always zoom in on eye-candies... :bsmilie:

zorro18 said:
better insure yrself heavily. This new driver highly prone to distraction....
his eyes always zoom in on eye-candies... :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: ya lor ya lor

Status
Not open for further replies.