Car Photoshoot Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoExist

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
Hi guys.,. im helping my friend with his car shop on some photoshoot with some high end performance cars. i am wondering if there are any places in singapore nice enough and yet isolated to have photoshoot much like those UK "top gear" kind of scenes... eg, disused airstrip(or similar) open grounds with grass ... winding roads...

If you have any suggestions or have actually conducted such photoshoots, cld you kindly share some info...

Juz a newbie here wif a 350D and standard kit lens...

if you want the Shenton Way skylines as a background, then can go to Marina South. about airstrips... not too sure if you can bring the car in for a shoot.

by the way, will you be shooting a moving car or a stationary one?

Hi, would be doing mostly stationary.. however i intend to try moving shots too... of coz still shots comes 1st...

YUp Phillip... thks.. would add that to my recce list... ;)

if u wan airliner taking off/landing as backdrop, u can try Cargo lane.. which is sumware at changi beach area..

If you are familiar with seleter camp, there is a place with a small cafe all the way in... plenty of open roads, empty tarmac for you to shoot.

side-track... that cafe serves deeelicious fried chicken wings.

haha my army camp is there.. chemical corps... as a matter of fact my ICT is tmr :( same palce... wld be receeing that place for photoshot place too! yup love that place lots... love to run to the airport n back...

CoExist said:
haha my army camp is there.. chemical corps... as a matter of fact my ICT is tmr :( same palce... wld be receeing that place for photoshot place too! yup love that place lots... love to run to the airport n back...

wat unit ??

154127904_104f8408fc.jpg

Dino C has some awesome shot can check out his sites for some great car videos also.

Yat, any special road names or the name of the cafe for me to check it out? I might be organizing a group of exotic cars there to take some shots for them. many thanks.

of coz, will definetely try out the chicken wings too :)

Yatlapball said:
If you are familiar with seleter camp, there is a place with a small cafe all the way in... plenty of open roads, empty tarmac for you to shoot.

side-track... that cafe serves deeelicious fried chicken wings.

go to www.beaconpix.com and look at meng choon's car photography... he's got good stuff... made the otherwise boring landscape of singapore look good...

u will never get anywhere near topgear kinda images, as the quality of light in singapore is awful....

but with careful selection of time of day and skillful DI u can get decent shots!!!

cheers!
g

Thanks G. Appreciate the link and the tips very much.
It will be very useful for a new babe like myself. :)

Hey Karsoon, welcome, new hobby hey?

Good see another old vagsg'er here.

Hey Cyber, Hello *wave wave*
Didnt realise its you! Woh! I am really happy to meet a vagsg buddy here :)
You bet.. new hobby! Starting to learn how to use a SLR properly! ;)

hi just picked up on this thread,
try looking around the back of the turf club, you can get access from the eng neo road entrance to the singapore saddle club, used it recently for a car shoot, lots of curves, corners, clean road sides, windy bits and low angle stuff

Use the F-16 emergency landing strip along outside Tengah airbase.
It's long, straight and wide. Perfect for panning.
Believe shooting there for awhile should be fine as its a public road cum landstrip.
Good luck.

Geoff Ang said:
u will never get anywhere near topgear kinda images, as the quality of light in singapore is awful....

what do you mean by that? i dont think the light in the uk is particularly good "quality". in fact i think its quite sian coz its just gloomy and drizzles all day! (i think im qualified to say this coz ive lived there for 3yrs:)

unless u mean light pollution or something? sorry still v noob

True the light in the UK can be flat and dull but at least you can bump up the contrast, etc. In S'pore the light is usually very harsh and directly from above, which creates very bright hot spots and lots of flare, neither condusive to good car shots. N.B. that many of the shots on the link above are either indoors or at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.