Car modelling kit.

That I should know...

The widest range of most brands (other than Tamiya) is at Tiong Bahru Plaza (5th floor)...

One at M-Workshop, Sunshine Plaza has a fair amount of Tamiya kits plus other brands...

For the largest range of Tamiya kits... head down to the distributor's show room at Payar Lebar Rd.

You want to use it for photoshoot or do you want to enjoy building the model yourself?

If the former, I'd rather suggest that you get 1/18 diecasts....

thanks for the info. just to enjoy buliding it.

and of cos i want do some different pattern on the body. :)

Some iridescent colours (AKA the Kandie / Cameleon shades) ? Those are cool... I don't go into auto kits too seriously although occasionally I might get a kit that fancies me. :bsmilie:

Some iridescent colours (AKA the Kandie / Cameleon shades) ? Those are cool... I don't go into auto kits too seriously although occasionally I might get a kit that fancies me. :bsmilie:

haha. i see, i have a nissan GTR but the brand isnt that good thou.. haha some japanese brand.

haha. i see, i have a nissan GTR but the brand isnt that good thou.. haha some japanese brand.

There are 3 main kit producers for the GTR (R35) kit and that is: Aoshima, Fujimi, and lastly Tamiya... Tamiya's kit would give you the most bang for the buck but it is not a curbside model (meaning it will have engine details (takes longer time to build, etc). But part fit-wise, it should surpass the other two brands... Also, Tamiya parts tend to be crispier with finer details...

There are 3 main kit producers for the GTR (R35) kit and that is: Aoshima, Fujimi, and lastly Tamiya... Tamiya's kit would give you the most bang for the buck but it is not a curbside model (meaning it will have engine details (takes longer time to build, etc). But part fit-wise, it should surpass the other two brands...

i have Aoshima.. not so good.. although got engine details to bulid.

heard tamiya one can open doors ah ?;p

i have Aoshima.. not so good.. although got engine details to bulid.

heard tamiya one can open doors ah ?;p

I don't think the R35 kit can, although there are some kits that could, like the Mercedes SLR Mclaren...

Tamiya's Latest is the Aston Martin DBS... first of the Modern Aston Martin car in kit form in years. Check it out at: www.tamiya.com

Last edited:
I don't think the R35 kit can, although there are some kits that could, like the Mercedes SLR Mclaren...

Tamiya's Latest is the Aston Martin DBS... first of the Modern Aston Martin car in kit form in years. Check it out at: www.tamiya.com

hmm looks good ..

might be gettign the merc 722. :cool:

taising at arab street also does bring in a range of model kits.
far east plaza, level 2 beside the adult shop also have. :)

Tamiya kits are good value for money and are usually readily available locally. If you fancy something more exotic and higher end, try eBay for brands like Provence Moulage(Formula 1 models), Studio 27(Formula 1 / McLaren F1 models), BBR(Ferrari, Maserati models), Autobarn(Mclaren F1 street / GTR models) just to name a few. They are usually in 1/43rd scale (about 10cm in length). I buy them assembled but kits are available too.

A few Enzos from BBR
503371962_e9fa3aaa82.jpg

3845085207_44eee3082e.jpg

The bases are made of Schedoni leather (same leather they used to make the upholstery on the Ferraris).

Lamborghis from MR
4222588358_73f634fb01.jpg

McLaren F1 GTRs from Autobarn(Built by MR actually)
503371982_14a938df3d.jpg

The LeMans 1995 overall winner.
4221895743_425f15c159.jpg

Nice toyss you have there man!!!! I'm drooling for Le Mans....

Yep, I do have a few 1/43 scalers... Mostly Minichamp and Autoarts...

Provence and BBR are top range 1/43 models (there are other brands as well)... minimum $200 and above.. coz they have greater detail than the normal 1/43 range (Photo-etching details). To top it off, the polishing of the glossy surfaces is a lot more perfect than the run-of-the-mill 1/43 models...

I do have two Tameo F1 kits (but I haven't had the time to start them...)

That's why I've asked if TS wants them for photoshoots- the larger 1/18 Minichamp and Autoarts are a lot closer to real life examples.

Last edited:
here to share some of my GTR pics. no paint work yet..

This is my first time doing a model kit . :angel:

Realized that the side of the right of the eye a small gap.
17052010122.jpg

VR38DETT engine
17052010119.jpg

17052010112.jpg

Rear

17052010130.jpg

Last edited: