CAR Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004
Expiring soon....

Any recommendation?

Currently NTUC... should I continue?

I think you should contact a motor reassurance company (aka motor insurance broker). They have access to more than one insurance company and therefore can provide you with more options and better quotes for you to choose. I know because I went with a broker recently and manage to drop my premium about 1/3 with basically same coverage and excess amount.

When talking to the broker, you will need to tell them what is important to you. e.g. excess amount, dealer workshop vs authorized workshop, NCD protection, etc... They can in turn provide you with a quote that meets your need.

I think you should contact a motor reassurance company (aka motor insurance broker). They have access to more than one insurance company and therefore can provide you with more options and better quotes for you to choose. I know because I went with a broker recently and manage to drop my premium about 1/3 with basically same coverage and excess amount.

When talking to the broker, you will need to tell them what is important to you. e.g. excess amount, dealer workshop vs authorized workshop, NCD protection, etc... They can in turn provide you with a quote that meets your need.

Tell more, contact and company.

../azul123

It all boils down to services rendered when something happens and you need to do a claim.

Where did you learn that motor reassurance company term from?

For the benefit of the community here, there are 2 types of insurance intermediary:

1. General Insurance Agent (GI Agent)

2. General Insurance Broker (GI Broker)

Simply put, a GI Agent represent an insurer. A GI Agent work for the interest of his insurer he represented. He can represent up to a maximum of 3 insurers.

As for a GI Broker, he represent the interest of his client. He will take the insurance requirements of his client and go to the insurance market to source for the best deal available. He has access to all insurers that is registered in Singapore.

Sorry for the confusion. The one I am dealing with is an insurance broker.

Great.. I am still learning.....!

Thank you for all the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.