Car In Vehicle Unit - Cash Card Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

cichlid

Dec 2, 2006
S'pore
Hi, anyone had any trouble with the car Cash card reader before?

Something went wrong with mine today, tried 2 cash cards but still got error message.
My car is still quite new; less than a year old. I called Kah motor which advised me to visit LTA for help.

Anyone with similar problem?

Any solution?

PS: Without it, can hardly enter any modern carparks!

You can bring it to LTA for inspection. Think it somewhere in Sin Ming drive. Give them a call first at 1800-CALL-LTA.

mine was affected on thursday. i went to atm to check card status, it says expiring in 90days. But why does it not work since it hasnt expired?

I think LTA is phasing out some very very old cashcard. but if their attempt is to create inconvenience this way, i feel it is very lowly of them in this approach without formal notices. What if i have one and only cash card and the error occurs when i inserted the card along the highway with no exit before the hungry gantry?

i havnt check the expiry dates of my cash cards but i was using it to pay for the water at the washing bay before the error msg.

will check the expiry dates shortly, thanks all

saw the news last night. Is your cash card a new batch? Heard that the new cash cards are faulty. They cannot be left in the sun for more than 4 hours. Hence you cannot leave your cash card in the iu unit as before. Also with the heat rising in cars when parked in a sunny place, it is still not known if this will affect the cards. Seems that the cards "melt" under heat and begin to break apart.

LTA is working to resolve the issue as there is a high number of people who "didn't insert cashcard" cos their IU unit couldnt read their card.

haha, my two cards expired in Jan and Apr 08 respectively.

Lucky it's not the reader problem if not got to go to LTA.

Thanks for all your replies :)

haha, my two cards expired in Jan and Apr 08 respectively.

Lucky it's not the reader problem if not got to go to LTA.

Thanks for all your replies :)

I think LTA is phasing out some very very old cashcard. but if their attempt is to create inconvenience this way, i feel it is very lowly of them in this approach without formal notices. What if i have one and only cash card and the error occurs when i inserted the card along the highway with no exit before the hungry gantry?

NETS designs and manufacture the cashcard, not LTA. I think you may have been miss out the press release about the expiry of cashcard.

Since 1996, six million CashCards have been bought. The Network for Electronic Transfers (Singapore), or Nets, expects 1.4 million CashCards to expire this year. CashCards have a five-year validity period. To help users, cards produced this year have the date of issue stamped on the back. Users of older cards can log on to www.nets.com.sg and type in their card number to see when it expires. (Straits Times Saturday 22 Feb 2003) (H16)

source

I kanna 2 summons last week for "ERP offences" ... 2 x $10 fines ... WTF

It's not even my fault that the cash cards are faulty! :angry: I still could use it in car parks ....

double ... sorry

I understand recently there are thousands, if not ten of thousands of faulty cards floating around and yet it becomes the driver's fault if the card doesnt work at the ERP entries .... imagine, $10 from every drivers!

Just an update. Getting the refund from the old cash card is easy, I used the POSB ATM.

so now i received the 2 summons totalled $21-50 .....
Should i fight the case or just treat this like a donation to LTA? :think:
any advice?
don't have the time to go to all the red tapes, but also beh song since it is totally not my fault at all ...

LTAsummon-1.jpg

I think you should bring it up. Even if you can't get refund, make it known. So that the statistics add up. If not the problem will stay or maybe get worse. And you end up paying for a defective cash card that don't work and paying 10 dollars erp each time you pass through gantry.

so now i received the 2 summons totalled $21-50 .....
Should i fight the case or just treat this like a donation to LTA? :think:
any advice?
don't have the time to go to all the red tapes, but also beh song since it is totally not my fault at all ...

not your fault right.
purpose to put in all the red tape is to discourage ppl to fight their case at LTA.
maybe is the gahmen tactics to earn extra $$$ from the car owners...

just remember to vote wisely in the next election.

I kanna 2 summons last week for "ERP offences" ... 2 x $10 fines ... WTF

It's not even my fault that the cash cards are faulty! :angry: I still could use it in car parks ....

If you go on-line payment, it is only $8.5 fine.

not your fault right.
purpose to put in all the red tape is to discourage ppl to fight their case at LTA.
maybe is the gahmen tactics to earn extra $$$ from the car owners...

just remember to vote wisely in the next election.

I don't think there is any thing stopping anyone from appealing against the adamin charges. You can just write or fax in etc. If you have the evident to prove that the cashcard or IU is faulty, just fax to them to appeal against the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.