Car Accidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightning

Sep 2, 2004
Punggol
victor.shutterbug.sg
Hey just have a question to ask? If someone crashed into your car, and as a result your camera / computer equipment gets damaged. Does the insurance of the other person covers the damage?

Or get a good lawyer.

if you can prove that the camera was damaged as a result of the accident, and the accident was caused solely by the other party, you can claim as <insert professional law term here>. Even scars (on you not the camera) sustained can also be claimed.

It all depends on how you approach the case. To be able to claim for these damage/loss of personal items due to the accident, you have to speak to the lawyer and tell him your losses and damages. The GIA form doesn't have any column for you to fill that in. Though you can add that into your statement. Some agents don't allow you to talk to their lawyer and will convey your words to the lawyer and this ding-dong-ding-dong can sometimes (most of the time) lead to information being mis-communicated or ommited.

I've gotten into enough accidents and filed enough reports to know this already. Though the claiming process can drag on for YEARS.. I still have a coming-4year old accident claim pending.

note: ENOUGH != MANY. :bsmilie:

if you can prove that the camera was damaged as a result of the accident, and the accident was caused solely by the other party, you can claim as <insert professional law term here>. Even scars (on you not the camera) sustained can also be claimed.

It all depends on how you approach the case. To be able to claim for these damage/loss of personal items due to the accident, you have to speak to the lawyer and tell him your losses and damages. The GIA form doesn't have any column for you to fill that in. Though you can add that into your statement. Some agents don't allow you to talk to their lawyer and will convey your words to the lawyer and this ding-dong-ding-dong can sometimes (most of the time) lead to information being mis-communicated or ommited.

I've gotten into enough accidents and filed enough reports to know this already. Though the claiming process can drag on for YEARS.. I still have a coming-4year old accident claim pending.

Time to sell the sports car and downgrade to bumper car.... :sweat:

Well now I know who ask for advice if I know of anyone who suffer loss due to a car accident :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i think it is call third party damages, which is claimable.

Wow...seems like this is not a clear situation of whether can claim or cannot claim...I guess I have to ask my insurance agent on this issue. Any insurance agent here???

The reason why I ask this is because I always put my gears in my boot, and one day this stupid car almost crashed into me. At that moment I wondered to myself what if he smashed into me and say crack my lens, destroy my notebook and so on....:think:

Wow...seems like this is not a clear situation of whether can claim or cannot claim...I guess I have to ask my insurance agent on this issue. Any insurance agent here???

The reason why I ask this is because I always put my gears in my boot, and one day this stupid car almost crashed into me. At that moment I wondered to myself what if he smashed into me and say crack my lens, destroy my notebook and so on....:think:

I hope you don't leave your gear and notebook all the time in the boot:bigeyes: ? Under sunny condition, the temperature of your boot is like an oven...I always put my stuffs upfront and enjoy the aircon together.

I hope you don't leave your gear and notebook all the time in the boot:bigeyes: ? Under sunny condition, the temperature of your boot is like an oven...I always put my stuffs upfront and enjoy the aircon together.

Yeah, but sometimes no choice when you need to ferry many people....:dunno:

Better conclude it within the next 2 yrs :)

not that I don't want to, many occassions my lawyer tried to apply for a summary judgement because of delay and reluctance of the other party to file statements and stuff. then at the last minute near the deadline, they file some useless stuff and try to siam the case reusing the same statements over and over again "I didn't do it, it wasn't me, I wasn't there" and each time my lawyer request for a hearing in court or summary judgement it takes many months.... as the dates come close they pull some other tricks and delay the hearing or judgement. :dunno:

not that I don't want to, many occassions my lawyer tried to apply for a summary judgement because of delay and reluctance of the other party to file statements and stuff. then at the last minute near the deadline, they file some useless stuff and try to siam the case reusing the same statements over and over again "I didn't do it, it wasn't me, I wasn't there" and each time my lawyer request for a hearing in court or summary judgement it takes many months.... as the dates come close they pull some other tricks and delay the hearing or judgement. :dunno:

U a accident magnet ar?:think:

Oh, if a case has already been filed then doesn't matter liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.