Capturing Light Rays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverse

Dec 2, 2009
Hi Guys,

I am trying to capture light-rays and i tried underexposing by 1.0 to 2.0.

Dont seems to able to capture what is seen in my eyes. Do i need to tune the wb and active D-Lighting in order to get a better result?

I miss my chance, need to rewait 1 more day but hopefully i have enough information before i go try if not .. wait another one again.

Hi Guys,

Dont seems to able to capture what is seen in my eyes. Do i need to tune the wb and active D-Lighting in order to get a better result?

I miss my chance, need to rewait 1 more day but hopefully i have enough information before i go try if not .. wait another one again.

I shot mine using very high F's ... ard F11

white balance + auto D lighting any changes? Coz i keep underexpose i can see faint results of more and more light.

I wonder if the auto d lighting is fading off the light. But i cant test as the time not there and its raining .. sad

Hi Guys,

are your referring to this? how to shoot sunray

did tuning the d-lighting help the image?

Did u try manual mode to get complete control of the settings?

Best if can post up the image then we know specifically how to solve your problem.

i already view this thread before i post :). Those sunrays are actually make vivid due to haze, what i really mean is capturing light breaking from the sky.

Even though my eyes can see the huge rich amount of light, i keep adjusting my d90 to capture it, keep underexpose but dont seems to able to capture what i see.

I wonder do i need to tweak my wb or active-d lighting to get a better result. I like to try before i ask question unless i have constraints. But hope anyone can provide me valuable advise as the weather and schedule it seems i can only try again next weekend ...

Last edited:
did tuning the d-lighting help the image?

Did u try manual mode to get complete control of the settings?

Best if can post up the image then we know specifically how to solve your problem.

Cant test waiting for time and now raining. Tomorrow work, next week then can test. Before i try i wish to know more about it so i wont fail!

Status
Not open for further replies.