You know that I would be a liar
If I was to say to you
Girl, we couldn't get much higher
Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire"
Light My Fire, The Doors
full

Thanks so much for your kind words :) Sometimes i don't know if people do like them as they aren't many folks who comment here :) Cheers
Impressive pieces of work and efforts. I draw some ideas from them for my own humble works with my friend model.

Impressive pieces of work and efforts. I draw some ideas from them for my own humble works with my friend model.
Hi Octarine thanks for that :) appreciate it and all the best to you in your work. Always good to have friend models :)

Thanks so much for your kind words :) Sometimes i don't know if people do like them as they aren't many folks who comment here :) Cheers

Raph, if I may call you as such. There are always two sides of the coin.The reason people don't comment is based on past experience, that is if one comments without being asked it's like a personal "attack" people have fragile egos even if the comment is given in the best interest either in the hope such comments lead to improvements in photographic execution.

I myself will think twice even if C&C ( comments and critique) is asked by poster. In the end it's better to remain silent as the saying "no one will say you are dumb or mute if you don't open your mouth". Safer not to offend whether intended or not. If the poster thinks he/she got the chops so be it.

Another reason people don't comment is I believe most are available/existing light photographers so may not feel qualified to comment if artificial light is used in the pic.

There is always the like button below. My personal feeling is you want to shoot like a pro ( who does not? ) but rather I would say what do you want or like to shoot? As of now you always shoot western models,why.. Asian or oriental models not good or daring enough as you do implied nudes? Challenge yourself. Do you shoot so people will like or for your art's sake. :)

Raph, if I may call you as such. There are always two sides of the coin.The reason people don't comment is based on past experience, that is if one comments without being asked it's like a personal "attack" people have fragile egos even if the comment is given in the best interest either in the hope such comments lead to improvements in photographic execution.

I myself will think twice even if C&C ( comments and critique) is asked by poster. In the end it's better to remain silent as the saying "no one will say you are dumb or mute if you don't open your mouth". Safer not to offend whether intended or not. If the poster thinks he/she got the chops so be it.

Another reason people don't comment is I believe most are available/existing light photographers so may not feel qualified to comment if artificial light is used in the pic.

There is always the like button below. My personal feeling is you want to shoot like a pro ( who does not? ) but rather I would say what do you want or like to shoot? As of now you always shoot western models,why.. Asian or oriental models not good or daring enough as you do implied nudes? Challenge yourself. Do you shoot so people will like or for your art's sake. :)

Hi one eye jack, sure if a person doesn't ask for critique of their photos, and I have not asked for it, I agree that you and others should not critique their photos. Comments on photos do not have to be critiques yes. They are different things. If for a specific photo I feel I need others views/critiques on the photo, because I believe it lacking somewhat, then I would ask for it. So far I have not done so on this forum.

I did not appreciate this comment as it is untrue and looks like an unnecessary attack:
"As of now you always shoot western models,why.. Asian or oriental models not good or daring enough as you do implied nudes?"

I do shoot Asian and oriental models and i do shoot a lot more than just implied nudes. It is strange you would zoom in on that as that is a very small percentage of my work.

On Asian and oriental models, if you go to my IG you will see that I do shoot them too and even in this thread (go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 of this thread if you have not) I have posted Asians or oriental models pictures too. Why would you comment as such and why does my shooting implied nudes come into the picture at all? If it is because you think Asians and orientals don't shoot implied nude than it makes no sense as there are many Asian and oriental models who shoot implied nudes too (have you seen the photoshoots organised in the Clubsnap "Photoshoots" forum?)

One simple reason I end up working with more non-Asian models is because they are more open to TFP then the Asian models. I believe it's because they see value in the photos I can deliver to them vs some of the Asian models I have met or connected with, of a similar calibre, who prefer to get paid regardless. This is not a sweeping statement but just my experience. I pay for many things on a shoot already and if I do not have to bear costs for the model, it makes more sense for me.

On the professional comment, I have done paid shoots and have been professional in how I have delivered on my paid work. My professional work is separate to my own personal work and portfolio of course. For my own shoots, I shoot what I want to shoot, I develop my own moodboards, have my own vision and then it's about trying to deliver on them and hopefully enjoying the process. I do create for myself and if others like it, that makes me happy too as I am happy if my work is appreciated (as I think most people would).

Last edited:
@one eye jack

Besides what @raphmeister already commented, please take note:

1) People will appreciate if you do not call them by names that you make up yourself. The forum has the technical option of mentioning using @+username. See above.
2) The reason why there is no C&C here is simple: it's the wrong section. There is the Critics Corner for individual discussion of pictures.
3) Do be careful with your comments about ethnic origin of models and further speculations in that direction.

With that, back to the images, please, and constructive feedback. Keep off-topic stuff and speculations out. Thank you.

green lights
full

I tried this concept of using the colored light of shop windows and advertisements after I read about it in a German photography magazine. Gives really nice results. Still I need a long way to get anywhere close to that. But it's really fun.

I tried this concept of using the colored light of shop windows and advertisements after I read about it in a German photography magazine. Gives really nice results. Still I need a long way to get anywhere close to that. But it's really fun.
That's great! It's a lot about giving it a try and improving and refining along the way. We learn from experience too and of course there are lots of great free resources out there.

If you didn't use a prism, I recommend you try with a prism to get interesting looks.

Just FYI for settings, I use the smallest aperture available for my lens, shutter speed at 1/60 for a 50mm focal length and try and use the lowest ISO I can get for it.

Cheers

@one eye jack

Besides what @raphmeister already commented, please take note:

1) People will appreciate if you do not call them by names that you make up yourself. The forum has the technical option of mentioning using @+username. See above.
2) The reason why there is no C&C here is simple: it's the wrong section. There is the Critics Corner for individual discussion of pictures.
3) Do be careful with your comments about ethnic origin of models and further speculations in that direction.

With that, back to the images, please, and constructive feedback. Keep off-topic stuff and speculations out. Thank you.

With reference to 1. I did not makeup Ts name but only a short form.People have called me OEJ and I'm not offended..a rose by any name is still a rose and smells just as sweet.

2. I get it...there will be no C&C here.
3. Lost in translation...your speculation not mine. How to have constructive feedback when 2 is already implied?

Mums the word...I will be out of here...not that I'll be missed. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

From A Traditional Chinese Costume Shoot
full

full

The first one is stunning. Really love it.
In the second one, somehow the background is a bit too bright. Did you try other compositions?

The first one is stunning. Really love it.
In the second one, somehow the background is a bit too bright. Did you try other compositions?
Thanks. I am happy with the second one and didn't try other compositions. Thanks.

Reactions: Octarine

throwback
full

black and white portraits
full

full

full

Sofia... from a modelinn shoot. my light with Ivan's powerful reflector :) i always take it as a challenge
to capture a shot I would be happy with in any organised shoot and I am happy with this
full

Reactions: Octarine
Nicely done!

Sofia... from a modelinn shoot. my light with Ivan's powerful reflector :) i always take it as a challenge
to capture a shot I would be happy with in any organised shoot and I am happy with this
full

Nicely done!