'Capture the Moment' Photomarathon 2009 - Come test your skill as a Photographer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tengyeow

Feb 11, 2009
3643834448_4b6689eb15_b.jpg

If you think you have the creativity and skills to "shoot" on the spot, come join us for a day of "shooting"!!

Geylang Serai CC Youth Executive Committee (YEC) in partnership with Young SISEU (Youth Wing of Singapore Industrial & Services Employees Union) will be organising "Capture the Moment" photo marathon contest on 5 July 09 in conjunction with the YEC's Biennial General Meeting (BGM).

Wait no more and bring your digital camera (any type!) for a fun filled day of "shooting" and submit your best photos to stand a chance to win attractive prizes!

For Registration:

Please go:
http://capturethemomentphotomarathon.blogspot.com/

Our Guest of Honour for this event is Dr Fatimah Lateef, MP for Marine Parade GRC and Adviser to Marine Parade GRC GROs. In addition, we are also honoured to invite the Singapore Women's Everest Team as special guest to share with us their expedition success in reaching the summit of Mount Everest!

Details of the event as follows:
Guest of Honour: Dr Fatimah Lateef
Special Guest: Singapore Women's Everest Team
Venue: NTUC Centre @ One Marina Boulevard, Level 7 Room 701
Date: 5 July 09 (Sunday)
Time: 900am to 300pm
Age Group: 15 to 35 years
Activity code no is : A14020771

1st Prize:
$500 Cash
+ Lowepro Inverse 200 AW Beltpack Camera Case worth $210
+ Photography Book

2nd Prize: $300 Cash
+ Lowepro Inverse 100 AW Beltpack Camera Case worth $162
+ Photography Book

3rd Prize:
$200 Cash
+ Lowepro Rezo 190 AW Shoulder Bag worth $146
+ Photography Book

Best Photograph of the day:
Lowepro Mini Trekker AW worth $288

Main Sponsor: Cathay Photo
Official Rental Centre: The Camera Rental Centre
Official Book Store: Riceball

Note:
You are advised to bring your own digital camera for the contest. If you intend to borrow a camera, rental service will be available.

Rules & Regulations of the contest will be available @
Rules

It will be a great day of fun "shooting" and capture the best scenic moments together with inspiration talks by our Guest of Honour and the Singapore Women's Everest Team.

Register Now and get a $10 Free Voucher to rent better equipments! Get a DSLR or Better lens to have a more Cutting edge than others!

In regards to the copyrights, GSCCPS (Geylang Serai Community Club Photographic Society) will reserve the rights to use, reproduce and/or edit the submitted photograph for publicity in conjunction with the promotion of the event.
PhotoMarathonLogocopy.jpg

Last edited:
wtf ..... Age Group: 15 to 35 years

wtf ..... Age Group: 15 to 35 years

hmm, i do fall into the age group, but I always wondered, why is there an age limit for such contests?

the age limit is truly weird...

also, under the rules, nothing is said abt the copyrights of the submitted images. :think:

Hi guys!

As this event is organised in conjuntion with People's Association Youth Movement (PAYM), the competition seeks to develop greater interest amongst youths in photography. It also aims to provide a platform to recongise the best creative works and skills through the camera lens. Therefore the age group is fix at a limit of 35 years old.

Im so sorry for any inconvience cause and I would talk to the organising committee regarding this! :)

In regards to the copyrights, GSCCPS (Geylang Serai Community Club Photographic Society) will reserve the rights to use, reproduce and/or edit the submitted photograph for publicity in conjunction with the promotion of the event. We respect yours and reserve our own. However, you are not allowed to use any winning entries for any other competition.

Hope things are clearer! :)

aww.. only 3 person can win prizes?:confused:

Sadly to say, only top three shots will be entitled a prize!

However there will be an additional Best Photograph of the Day chosen :)

Lunch will be provided and you get to get a $10 voucher for renting better equipments!

You have a good chance to meet up with Singapore Women's Everest Team with them sharing with us their expedition success in reaching the summit of Mount Everest and how they capture their moments in life!

But this is a good opportunity to test your skills as a photographer to see if you have the ability to shoot and capture the moment on the spot! :)

Hi guys!

In regards to the copyrights, GSCCPS (Geylang Serai Community Club Photographic Society) will reserve the rights to use, reproduce and/or edit the submitted photograph for publicity in conjunction with the promotion of the event. We respect yours and reserve our own. However, you are not allowed to use any winning entries for any other competition.

i suggest you put this down in black & white so that participants are aware of this.

not to be a wet blanket, but bearing in mind the current debate with the H2o competition, i think you are going to face a similar problem...

i suggest you put this down in black & white so that participants are aware of this.

not to be a wet blanket, but bearing in mind the current debate with the H2o competition, i think you are going to face a similar problem...

Hi Nightwold75,

Sure i will pin it down black and white. Thanks so much for the help! :)
I just hope everything goes fine!

i was reading for the copyright issues. please do update on the blog. so that participants can see whether is it worthwhile to enter this competition.

i was reading for the copyright issues. please do update on the blog. so that participants can see whether is it worthwhile to enter this competition.

Hi leeter, Im done with the updating of the blog on the copyrights issues.

Thank you! :)

King Tiger - Im really so sorry!! Please do support and look out for all our other events organise by GSCCPS (Geylang Serai Community Club Photographic Society) Thanks! :)

Last edited:

definitely a turn off deal for me , sorry

cheers

Does it mean that the theme will only know on the day itself? or what?

definitely a turn off deal for me , sorry

cheers

Hi garagez,

After much discussion, the copyrights have been amended.

After all, we just wanted to reserves the right to use/reproduce the images submitted for any artistic or non-commercial purposes. The photographer will be duly acknowledged for his/her contribution without monetary compensation.

Sorry for any inconvenience cause!

Cheers!

Does it mean that the theme will only know on the day itself? or what?

Hi ettk75

Yes! The theme will only be given on that day.

It is to ensure that we are able to test the photographer ability to think on the spot and capture the right moment in-conjunction with the theme provided!

So it's really a chance to test your skills as a photographer! :)

Hi garagez,

After all, we just wanted to reserves the right to use/reproduce the images submitted for any artistic or non-commercial purposes. The photographer will be duly acknowledged for his/her contribution without monetary compensation.

Sorry for any inconvenience cause!

Cheers!

great! :thumbsup:

well done :thumbsup:

now, how about the senior citizens? :bsmilie::sweatsm:

Hi ettk75

Yes! The theme will only be given on that day.

It is to ensure that we are able to test the photographer ability to think on the spot and capture the right moment in-conjunction with the theme provided!

So it's really a chance to test your skills as a *young* photographer! :)

since when age got to do with photography?

do check out those pple in *** "Youth" Wings..do they get kicked out once they turn 35?

Honestly, Ageism at work.
I am sure those retirees in yr CC's club who just picked up photography will be deeply disappointed to be not able to join THEIR OWN PHOTO CLUB'S competition.. :(

even if a 35-70 yo man takes a very nice photos, and they were selected to be winner, won't the "Youth" enjoy and learn from his effort and "eye"? Is there a need to even post the age?

Yes, it is yr club's R&R, but i really think you guys need to think it over again.
I hope your members also question this age ruling.

Coming from a PA's organisation somemore, which advocates Community Spirit and Togetherness...

Really :thumbsd:

Hi cloboy,

I agreed with you if Young never take up photography competition is not fair with adult age.
Which i tell you When you was young wanted to take up photography competition but only adult. How you feel? angry or happy? Make sure balance young and happy. It good things to encourge young go to take up photography. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.