Capture Pro One

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamestan

Aug 16, 2004
Singapore
Any one know where to get this program? Friend showed me yesterday and i was like WOW... Finally found something to use with Canon's raw files already.

Is there an academic version? ie, cheaper one?

jamestan said:
Any one know where to get this program? Friend showed me yesterday and i was like WOW... Finally found something to use with Canon's raw files already.

Is there an academic version? ie, cheaper one?

IIRC, u have to download from www.phaseone.com then pay them for the license via credit card. there's no off-the-shelf version locally, i believe. :think:

Try Ruby Photo ... they may have ... last rd my frined told me Ruby got onli 1 set ... so try your luck .. ;)

NW, aiyoh, you go past Ruby so many times, you didn't see the box on the window display meh? The LE version is going for S$200 IIRC.

Watcher said:
NW, aiyoh, you go past Ruby so many times, you didn't see the box on the window display meh? The LE version is going for S$200 IIRC.

oppss... piaseh. i never really notice the software on sale there... :embrass:

You can buy the LE version online at the phaseone website.

can buy the pro edition from ruby too, actually ruby imaging... a cousin of the people at ruby photo. so i think you can ask them for it too.

What is the difference between this CaptureOne as compared with Photoshop CS2?

Oh just better colour profiling, user friendly and more feature pack;) But there will other that say otherwise. You can download a trial version for 30 days from their web site to see and use for yourself.:D

FYI, the distributor for C1Pro software is Ruby Imaging, not Ruby photos. Try calling them, look for Mr Chan Seng Fai.

bkling1 said:
What is the difference between this CaptureOne as compared with Photoshop CS2?
singscott said:
Oh just better colour profiling, user friendly and more feature pack. But there will other that say otherwise. You can download a trial version for 30 days from their web site to see and use for yourself.

I don't think you are answering his question correctly. C1 is not the same as PS CS2. C1 does the same work as Camera Raw, only easier and faster. C1 in fact does not have as many features as PS CS2. You can't do layers, filters, etc.

Newman said:
I don't think you are answering his question correctly. C1 is not the same as PS CS2. C1 does the same work as Camera Raw, only easier and faster. C1 in fact does not have as many features as PS CS2. You can't do layers, filters, etc.

Is time like this I feel like giving up here. Of course if you talk about all photoshop functions photoshop has it is a monster at that. Thousand of tools and functions you can think of and do with. But before you point out my "mistakes". When the orginal thread starter been james ask using it for his canon raw. All the posts here are about their RAW conversion part and where to get. Then bkling1 ask his question which to me he ask about how different are they in that function. Bkling1 has not even stress that he might confuse photoshop with the C1 which is a raw conversing program only. Giving the context of the stuff been written here I don't think he is confuse C1 been a image editing program like photoshop. If he is confuse I would to say when I made the statment I am refering to their RAW conversion part only. After I do it do it make you happy? I hope so.:confused:

singscott said:
Is time like this I feel like giving up here. Of course if you talk about all photoshop functions photoshop has it is a monster at that. Thousand of tools and functions you can think of and do with. But before you point out my "mistakes". When the orginal thread starter been james ask using it for his canon raw. All the posts here are about their RAW conversion part and where to get. Then bkling1 ask his question which to me he ask about how different are they in that function. Bkling1 has not even stress that he might confuse photoshop with the C1 which is a raw conversing program only. Giving the context of the stuff been written here I don't think he is confuse C1 been a image editing program like photoshop. If he is confuse I would to say when I made the statment I am refering to their RAW conversion part only. After I do it do it make you happy? I hope so.
Friend, why so touchy? I wouldn't have bothered to post my response if I didn't think I needed to. I am giving bkling1 the benefit of the doubt that he has not used C1 before. Therefore your response to his post seem to indicate that both C1 and PS CS2 are the same kind of software. Maybe bkling1 would like to clarify. Either case, I wouldn't think typing a few sentences during my busy working hours would bring tremendous joy to my lowly life.

Newman said:
Friend, why so touchy? I wouldn't have bothered to post my response if I didn't think I needed to. I am giving bkling1 the benefit of the doubt that he has not used C1 before. Therefore your response to his post seem to indicate that both C1 and PS CS2 are the same kind of software. Maybe bkling1 would like to clarify. Either case, I wouldn't think typing a few sentences during my busy working hours would bring tremendous joy to my lowly life.

OH is that it:eek: How about which more effective? "Dear Bkling you have to understand C1 is not the same as PS CS2. C1 does the same work as Camera Raw, only easier and faster. C1 in fact does not have as many features as PS CS2. You can't do layers, filters, etc.." OR "I don't think you are answering his question correctly. C1 is not the same as PS CS2. C1 does the same work as Camera Raw, only easier and faster. C1 in fact does not have as many features as PS CS2. You can't do layers, filters, etc." The words are directing at me. And mean to be helpful to bkling1? And I can't be touchy about it? Oh are layers used in RAW conversion? These will be last words on this matter as I don't want to turn this thread to flame war between us as to respect to the thread starter James. If you are not happy PM me if you want.

If you think my initial response was totally directed at you, then you are presuming that I am presuming that you do not know what C1 is for. Then let me re-phrase what I wrote:

singscott: I don't think you are answering his question correctly.

bkling1: C1 is not the same as PS CS2. C1 does the same work as Camera Raw, only easier and faster. C1 in fact does not have as many features as PS CS2. You can't do layers, filters, etc.

:sweat:

Hi both

Let me say something from my POV.

Singscott, you are a bit touchy. Just let it go. Live and let live :)

Newman, i think if you want to contribute, just do it. No need to add comments like "I don't think you are answering his question correctly."

Forgive me if i step on anyone of your toes. Ordinarily, i would not have bothered but today very free.

Hi digitalbuff, point noted.;)

Good day to all of you!

I got my Capture One LE a few months ago from our local agent at Toa Payoh and have updated it to v3.7.

There are mixed opinions about whether Phase One or Adobe Camera Raw is better. There is neither right or wrong answers.

Capture One allows you to work quickly due to its workflow design/arrangements.
PS CS/CS2 offers more features if you need them during the raw conversion stage; its free and offers timely updates for new cameras.

In my humble opinion, its best to choose a raw convertor base on:
The availabiltiy of good & comprehensive educational materials like good books, mag/web articles, etc. Very often, PShop authors not just tells you how to use the program, but shares their insights, experiences and recommends what they think is the best workflow. Their expertise and insights are highly valuable in helping us achieve the best image quality possible. :)

I have tried searching for books, articles to help me fully understand Capture One but found none. Most articles on the web are just quick reviews, nothing in depth. As a result, I don't really understand some of the folders, features, buttons within the program. Although the manual helps, but it just can't beat the kind of comprehensive info & advises that I received from good Photoshop books.

Today, I do most of my raw conversion on Camera Raw simply because I am familar with the program. Since my workflow usually extends into Photoshop (mainly because of the flexibiltiy of using adjustment layers), I really appreciate having everthing "under one roof". ;)

Try before you buy. To me its not so much a quality issue, both produces great results if you know how to use them well.

Just my opinions, neither right nor wrong. :D

Hi Digi-Learner, I can't agree with you more. :)
In fact, I'm trying to cross over to PS CS2's Camera Raw since Adobe improved on their file explorer and came out with Adobe Bridge. Albeit the workflow is slower than C1 but like you said, Camera Raw has more features which I'm trying to learn to correct problems with my shots which unfortunately cannot be fixed in C1. I especially like the background processing of images in C1 though. Hope Adobe can incorporate something like this in future versions of PS instead of having to use batch processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.