Capture NX-D software for editing RAW files

e69087

Aug 17, 2005
Northern Singapore
Hello,
Anyone uses the Nikon Capture NX-D to edit the RAW files? I have some questions:
1. After installing, I open the program (thru’ View NX-i) & try to edit some RAW files but I found the whole Capture NX-D screen (the menu, the tabs…etc) not sharp on my full HD laptop screen. Are there some settings that I have miss setting? Or this is normal?
2. I convert the RAW file into TIFF (16 bit) but I see no pic quality difference between it & the normal jpeg format even though the TIFF file size is so much bigger. Is this normal?

1. NX-D is better than NX-View as it doesnt edit your NEF, unlike NX-View does. I never experience that the NX-D itself is blur-ish by itself.

2. If you are viewing TIFF and JPEG on your laptop screen, u will not notice the difference. Try zoom in X10...

Having said above, try LR-CC, point of no return! : ))

Cheers n Njoy

Thanks for the info. Understand photoshop cc is purchased thru' monthly subscription. Since i'm not a regular or heavy user, this seems costly.

Thanks for the info. Understand photoshop cc is purchased thru' monthly subscription. Since i'm not a regular or heavy user, this seems costly.

I gave up on Nikon Capture long ago, and switch to Lightroom 3, and I regarded didn't start Lightroom from day one.

I used to pay a few hundreds yearly to upgrade photoshop and lightroom, now I'm on Creative Cloud, and I able to use a few thousands worth of software which I not able to afford previously, I would said that is a great saving for me.

I find it is strange to me that many photographers willing to spend few thousands to upgrade their cameras consistently, shooting in RAW, but not willing to spend on the software to bring out the best from their work, than might as well just stick with the old camera if insist on using the old software.

FYI, Creative Cloud for Photographer (lightroom CC + Photoshop CC) is about S$13.00 monthly subscription.