Caplio GX Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone...I'm looking around for a new camera and came across this Caplio GX Pro which is a new camera I suppose. It cost $888...is it advisable to buy this?

Specs:

5.13 Megapixels CCD
28-85mm Wide Angle Optical Zoom
4x Digital zoom
Large 1.8 inch LCD
Full Metal Body
Aperature & Shutter Speed Control
Movie with Sound
1cm Marcos
AA Battery or Lithium-ion Battery
"World's Fastest Shutter Response" - 0.12 secs

As for my budget...I'm only earning a NSF private rank pay...so this is quite suitable for my budget. But is this camera good enough for a newbie like me? Man I need to get away from my Nikon AF 200...

Thanks ~

OzOn3

Jul 12, 2003
Singapore
www.nig3l.com
w00t.. Where did you see this camera from? Maybe can provide us with the link.. ( i myself wanna see the design.. haha )

Hmm, first question, what are you gonna use this camera for? ( don't tell me to take pictures. Duh.)

I saw it at Chinatown last week. Yes, it comes with free gifts which is worth $428. A case, Lithium Battery & charger, Big tripod, SD Card Reader, SD Card 256MB.

I found a website on it: http://www.photographyblog.com/comments.php?id=2528_0_1_0_C

OzOn3: Hm...of course I want it to take photos...but my preference of phototaking would be cityscapes. If you had noticed my earlier posts which I took with a Nikon AF 200.

*Pardon my ignorance...but whats the difference between a 28-85mm opt zoom and a 3x opt zoom?

OzOn3

Jul 12, 2003
Singapore
www.nig3l.com
3 x 28mm = 84mm :)

wha, private pay not a lot right? you sure you willing to spend $888(no doubt nice number ar) on a camera??

You might wanna give the canon A70/75/80 a check.. cause they're relatively cheaper, and their lens are wider, which is preferable for cityscape pictures..

you dun really need fast start up time for cityscape, right?? heh..

Meaning 3x opt zoom is the same thing as 28-85mm opt zoom?

Hm...not sure leh...cox as a newbie I don't really noe which camera is suitable. OzOn3, does the cameras you list come with free gifts? At least I can save a bit on tripods...

Thanks~

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
OzOn3 said:
You might wanna give the canon A70/75/80 a check.. cause they're relatively cheaper, and their lens are wider, which is preferable for cityscape pictures..
canon a70/75/80 is only 35mm at the widest angle setting, surely not wider than the 28mm of the caplio gx. :nono:

Hasegawa_Takumi said:
I saw it at Chinatown last week. Yes, it comes with free gifts which is worth $428. A case, Lithium Battery & charger, Big tripod, SD Card Reader, SD Card 256MB...
must be the same offer I saw.

I guess OzOn3 does have a point there. Are you really willing to spend $$$ on this?
some canon offers http://www.canon.com.sg/index.cfm?fuseaction=midyear_promo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom