CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar

Simon

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
Clubsnap, an official partner to the “Building People” Photography competition, would like to invite members to attend the exclusive photography seminar conducted by National Geographic Photographer Catherine Karnow and the Opening Ceremony of the Photo Exhibition where prize presentation to the competition winners will be held.

catherine-karnow_3954_200x150.jpg

Born and raised in Hong Kong, the daughter of an American journalist, San Francisco-based photographer Catherine Karnow is known for her vibrant, emotional, and sensitive style of photographing people.

She studied photography in high school and graduated from Brown University with honors degrees in comparative literature and semiotics. After a brief career as a filmmaker—her film Brooklyn Bridge premiered at the Berlin Film Festival in 1984—she turned her attention to photography full-time in 1986.
Karnow has covered Australian Aborigines, Bombay film stars, victims of Agent Orange in Vietnam, Connecticut high society, and an Albanian farm family. In 1994, she was the only non-Vietnamese photojournalist to accompany General Giap on his historic first return to the forest encampment in the northern Vietnam highlands from which he plotted the battle of Dien Bien Phu. She also gained unprecedented access to Britain's Prince Charles for her 2006 National Geographic feature, "Not Your Typical Radical."
Karnow's work appears in National Geographic, National Geographic Traveler, Smithsonian, French and German GEO, and other international publications. She has also participated in several Day in the Life series, Passage to Vietnam, and Women in the Material World.

prince-charles-and-architect_13312_600x450.jpg

Photo Seminar
Date: 5[SUP]th[/SUP] August, 2011 (Friday)
Time: 10.30am (Registration begins at 10.00am)
Address: STI Auditorium, 168 Robinson Road, Capital Tower, Level 9,
Singapore 068912

Prize Presentation & Opening Ceremony of Photo Exhibition
Date: 5[SUP]th[/SUP] August, 2011 (Friday)
Time: 2:30 pm (Registration begins at 2.00pm)
Address: ION Station, Basement 4, ION Orchard
2 Orchard Turn, Singapore 238801

To know more about “Building People” contest? Click here: www.capitaland.com/ngc-photo

We look forward in seeing you there!
CapitaLand/National Geographic

To register, please list down your name and email address below. RSVP closes on 31[SUP]st[/SUP] August. CapitaLand will send a private invitation to each member on 2nd August:

1. coolthought

Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar
1. coolthought
2. eil23

Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar
1. coolthought
2. eil23
3. weiteck

1. coolthought
2. eil23
3. weiteck
4. jueming

1. coolthought
2. eil23
3. weiteck
4. jueming
5. paulng

]Re: CapitaLand/National Geographic “Building People” Photography Competition seminar
1. coolthought
2. eil23
3. weiteck
4. jueming
5. paulng
6. Lina hi

1. coolthought
2. eil23
3. weiteck
4. jueming
5. paulng
6. Lina hi
7. Lightstocker

1. coolthought
2. eil23
3. weiteck
4. jueming
5. paulng
6. Lina hi
7. Lightstocker
8. Tazzy

1. coolthought
2. eil23
3. weiteck
4. jueming
5. paulng
6. Lina hi
7. Lightstocker
8. Tazzy
9. Daredevil123

I got a separate invitation to this seminar (cos i took part in the photowalk contest) but too bad it is on a friday and i have used up my leaves for the year. :(

1. coolthought
2. eil23
3. weiteck
4. jueming
5. paulng
6. Lina hi
7. Lightstocker
8. Tazzy
9. Daredevil123
10. edwardv

is there a typo on the registration deadline? it states "RSVP closes on 31st August" but the event is on 5th Aug. Too late to sign up for the event now?

Those who are keen register first and ask question later.

is there a typo on the registration deadline? it states "RSVP closes on 31st August" but the event is on 5th Aug. Too late to sign up for the event now?

1. coolthought
2. eil23
3. weiteck
4. jueming
5. paulng
6. Lina hi
7. Lightstocker
8. Tazzy
9. Daredevil123
10. edwardv
11. forgecrew1

Those who registered please PM me your full name and email address to receive your private invitation infrom CapitaLand

Registration to CapitaLand “Building People” Photography Seminar is closed.

For those we have registered but have not provide Full name and email, please do send an email to contest@foxinternationalchannel.com by 6pm this evening to RSVP your seat at the seminar. An private invitation will be sent to you for confirmation.

Hi,

Has anyone from the list gotten the private invitation already?

i had not received anything too...
I gave my details via PM 2X (1st time they pm me for email then next day pm me for full name)
also sent out email....

Fri morning is the event, latest Wed evening should confirm mah...
Fri is a working day, i believe some ppl made arrangement to attend the event.

anyway i am think of calling up their office after 3pm if no updates.
their contact here:
http://www.media-directory.asia/television/singapore/fox-international-channels-s-42762-c-1634.html

Last edited: