Capabilities of FX7 Image Stabilizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrozact

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
I'm just wondering what's the slowest shutter speed you guys can hold the FX7 with the image stabilizer on. Can you take pictures at night without using the flash? I don't like using flash at night cos the background becomes very dark while the subject is super bright...considering getting the FX7 as a PnS camera if I can still take pictures of people at night handheld.

chenwei

Sep 6, 2002
Singapore
i think 1/8 still ok, slower caused pic blur when i tried. yesterday when i tried out, the slow sync flash caused weird red cast, maybe settings i used not correct, will go n try out again.

Mar 27, 2004
what scene setting you use? night scene with slow sync flash?

phrozact

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
chenwei said:
i think 1/8 still ok, slower caused pic blur when i tried. yesterday when i tried out, the slow sync flash caused weird red cast, maybe settings i used not correct, will go n try out again.
1/8 handheld? That sounds pretty good! Dya mind posting some pics? Preferably straight out of the camera if you dont mind. Thanks!

chenwei

Sep 6, 2002
Singapore
well dun hv one now, was trying at CP and photos are wif them lol~ maybe at night see if i can grab some photos taken using it. ;)

phrozact

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
chenwei said:
well dun hv one now, was trying at CP and photos are wif them lol~ maybe at night see if i can grab some photos taken using it. ;)
Thanks! Now quite gian to get a PnS camera to replace my Canon S45. I find that camera quite bulky to carry around, though I know it's already considered quite small by most people's standards...

jjch_sg

Deregistered
Sep 26, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
The O.I.S. does not compensate 100%. When first have the picture taken, the picture looks sharp. When zoom in 100% in PC, I find some slight blur but much much better than without O.I.S. I guess it is very difficult to have 100% compensation. The body design of FX7 is very easy to have hand-shaking due to the lack of handgrip. You basically need to hold it with finger-tips. I think the O.I.S. is really good for these ultra-compact camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom