Canvass Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agila

May 17, 2003
www.photonski.com
I would like to know where we can go for canvas printing. Anybody here who has an idea what possible sizes are available for canvas printing and how much?

Novice question: Is it possible to do canvas printing from digital file?

Thanks in advance ;)

Agila said:
I would like to know where we can go for canvas printing. Anybody here who has an idea what possible sizes are available for canvas printing and how much?

Thanks in advance ;)

I think you should have a print(not inkjet) made from your digital file b4 you do a canvas print..

ic.. actually im looking for a printing lab which can print as big as normal poster size :)

Agila said:
ic.. actually im looking for a printing lab which can print as big as normal poster size :)

I know u r looking for a lab to print. ;)

U can try Instant Photos at OUB Centre (Robinson Road), it's opposite Lau Pa Sat.

Alternatively u can try shops at Bras Basah Complex.

These are some of the places I think they have such services. Any one that has printed actual stuff from there might want to confirm?

I presumed that u want to print on "canvas paper" and not those real oil canvas prints.

Hi,

For enlargement prints try RGB in beach road..
very good quality..ask for May..

Then go to Charlie's Photo in Clementi for your canvas n framing..
reasonably priced n good quality..

Note: Printing on Canvas simulated paper is not actual Canvas print..

hi there bros' . . .

well u can go down to peninsula shopping ctr , 2nd level , Colourbezz . . .

they do this kind of prints too . . .

Agila said:

Thanks in advance ;)

Talk to Tsang Photography (www.tsangphotography.com). They use an Epson 7600 to print on actual canvas of up to 24" wide (less border for framing would be around 22-23" wide. That is close to poster size. They are at 10a Murray Terrace at China Town. Go there to see the actual canvas prints they have done. I did one before. Very nice.

AJ23 said:
I know u r looking for a lab to print. ;)

U can try Instant Photos at OUB Centre (Robinson Road), it's opposite Lau Pa Sat.

Alternatively u can try shops at Bras Basah Complex.

These are some of the places I think they have such services. Any one that has printed actual stuff from there might want to confirm?

I presumed that u want to print on "canvas paper" and not those real oil canvas prints.

'allo,

You quoted "canvas paper" as above n not actual canvas!!
Kindly check your facts b4 refuting n fyi,No one said yours was not on actual canvas!!

newtoforums said:
'allo,

Kindly check your facts b4 refuting n fyi,No one said yours was not on actual canvas!!

He was just making clear that he is using actual canvas...no need to get so work up.. :)

newtoforums said:
'allo,

:dunno: Am I refuting something? I'm merely replying to Agila's question.

Maybe I've used "canvas paper" too loosely, but "canvas paper" = "canvas simulated paper"?

:think: My english is getting worse, time to go back to school...

brothers,

Please be cool :cool:

actually, i didnt know that there's a simulated canvas paper and there's a real one. I'll take a look at both and see how...
Anyway, thanks a lot for your replies... and have a nice day... :D

You may also want to check out

MICRO GRAFIX (Richard)
HP - 9105 2832

221 South Bridge Road (opposite the Mosque)

His service is excellante and a very jovial person to chat with. I do some of my wedding canvas prints there oso.

satan_18349 said:
He was just making clear that he is using actual canvas...no need to get so work up.. :)

Hi,
well fyi Im not worked up just calling 'a Spade a Spade'..If you read his post a little higher up..

Yes, certainly can do digital to canvas.

I take a family portrait on my S2pro (in 12 MP mode), edited and resized to 20" x 30" at 300dpi, and then sent to Colour Lab (at Adelphi).

They did a small 4R proof for me, and then sent it out to do a Fuji Crystal Archive print.

I popped by again to take a look, before Colour Lab sent the large print to be done on canvas.

After I collected the canvas print, I got it professionally mounted.

Cost = $100 (or so) for the print+canvas mounting, and additional $100 for the framing = $200 in total.

BTW, there is coated canvas available for home inkjet printing, but my experience is that the colours fade after a while even with a UV protection spray.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

MW

Pls cool down and refrain from OT remarks. Have some respect for the thread starter's topic and don't degenerate into personal remarks. Further comments will be removed and this thread locked.

The Moderator
ClubSNAP

Status
Not open for further replies.