Canvas wrap and mounting courses?

duckvader2001

Feb 15, 2004
Hello

I am interested to learn how to do canvas wrap and mount.
Does anybody know if there are any local courses that teaches the techniques?

So far, I have found overseas courses but none locally yet..

Thank you

Hello

I am interested to learn how to do canvas wrap and mount.
Does anybody know if there are any local courses that teaches the techniques?

So far, I have found overseas courses but none locally yet..

Thank you

For me, I just let the framing shop to do wrap and mounting for me. Sorry can't be of any help. Just prefer to spend time with my photography and leave the rest to others to do.

Regards,

Hart

done some research on canvas stretching some time ago, there is no course available in local as far as I know there.

it is the same as oil painting artists preparing their canvas before painting on it, though there are some ready made stretched canvas frames available commercially, but many artists prefer to make their own, mainly they can use their preferred canvas and frame materials, and also able to stretch odd size canvas, beside cost saving.

it is not very complicated, all you need is have the right tools and elbow grease, you can find many DIY canvas stretching tutorials on artist websites and Youtube,
the tools you need is a pair of canvas pliers, stapler gun and the pre-cut frames, all these can be found in Art Friend @ Bras Basah Complex.
you don't need any other machinery unless you want to do this commercially.

hope this help.

thanks for your info.. they do help..

i am not doing this commerically, however there is a need for me to produce canvas wrap gallery in the near future, so perhaps proper training might be useful..
considering martin bailey's pixels 2 pigment course in japan..

thanks for your info.. they do help..

i am not doing this commerically, however there is a need for me to produce canvas wrap gallery in the near future, so perhaps proper training might be useful..
considering martin bailey's pixels 2 pigment course in japan..

I am thinking I can conduct a class if there is enough interests on this. The course cover from canvas materials -> canvas printing -> coating -> gallery wrapping with supplied materials. How much do you need to pay for Martin Bailey's class?

I am thinking I can conduct a class if there is enough interests on this. The course cover from canvas materials -> canvas printing -> coating -> gallery wrapping with supplied materials. How much do you need to pay for Martin Bailey's class?

about $$570 for a 2 day course..