Canvas Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamTan

Nov 15, 2004
After searching through CS, I still do not really know how good is printing on canvas paper using inkjets as compared to traditional emulsion transfer to canvas.

Anybody had been using Espon or HP to print canvas? How's the colors, sharpness, constrast and waterproofness compare to trad canvas?

Any lobang for such printing also? I have got abt 8pcs of 16x20 photos to be printed on canvas. wondering which method is much better and cost effective.

Anybody printed canvas from Konota?

too many questions so people find it hard to answer?

any one out there with such experiences and willing to share?

i remember reading from dpreview someone used the epson R800 to print on canvas. u may want to do a search on that topic?

last printed a 16X24 in hotprint,
price is around $70.
not a transfer but wide format printer direct on canvas
with a clear lacquer over for protection.

faster than the traditional type and need no spotting.

:)

Also dunno.

Judeseah
Where did you print from and how is the quality compared to tradistional canvas?

TIA

I had went to Konota today and had saw the canvas they were using. It's CANVAS PAPER. i.e. they uses a large format plotter brand Espon to print on that canvas paper. Not water fast but looks decent, though can go buy a can of UV protection and spray it on yourself...

Traditional Emulsion transfer can be done at colourlab but it's pricey. I really wonder if it's worth the money. I had not seen both the canvas and the canvas paper side by side hence not able to have a comparison...

Teo said:
Judeseah
Where did you print from and how is the quality compared to tradistional canvas?

TIA
hotprint down at pickering st(china square centre)

not bad in terms of quality,
but 2 good point is need no spotting and very fast.

:) sorry for the late reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.