Can't unlock Auto FOCUS. Canon.

coffeemilk

May 5, 2007
Hello.

I have a problem with my lens which I cant make it to AUTO focus and i have to use Manual at all times.

When i set the lens to AF, it will focus at the same length no matter whatever object i aim at. I have read through the manual, on how to unlock focus so and so...but nothing happen.

18-55mm 450D.

Thank you.:(

Hello,

Try to remove the lens first and clean the contacts, but be careful.
replace it properly unto the mount and if nothing happened maybe a visit to the csc will help.:)

Hello,

Try to remove the lens first and clean the contacts, but be careful.
replace it properly unto the mount and if nothing happened maybe a visit to the csc will help.:)

thanks but i have tried doing that.

Have u check whether the switch on the camera body is swicth to AF instead of M? (I'm a Nikon user, not sure whether Canon have the same switch). Hope this helps:D

Check your focus mode. What is it set to?

when u set to AF and aim does the lens AF motor actually "move" but unable to focus or simply does not "move"?

when u set to AF and aim does the lens AF motor actually "move" but unable to focus or simply does not "move"?

when i switch from MF to AF, it will move.
but when it is on AF, no matter how many photos i shoot and at different distance, it will not move. the focus has been locked.

when i switch from MF to AF, it will move.
but when it is on AF, no matter how many photos i shoot and at different distance, it will not move. the focus has been locked.

Sounds like a case for CSC. You can try with a different lens if you happen to have one at hand. Could help to find out whether the issue is with the lens or the body.