Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
any kind souls out there can suggest a cure for insomnia? TIA! :sweat:

zaren said:

read a thick book...before i finish page 3, i am in wonder land.
:bsmilie:

Sure work way... sleeping pills! :bsmilie:

Read "Pride and Prejudice".

Or chamomille tea.

GENO said:
read a thick book...before i finish page 3, i am in wonder land.
:bsmilie:

i recommend that he take the book & hammer himself... faster & least torturing compared to reading... :bsmilie:, 1 kill brain cells, the other only damage it... :bsmilie:

Idea 1) Take a warm drink like milk or milo (without sugar) drink it slowly..since you can't sleep dont rush it anymore..it just stress you into trying too hard to sleep. Sip it down while sitting up in bed. Read something at the same time. Don't read till fall asleep..it would not happen. Just read something for about 10-15mins. Once you finish the drink, switch off the light and lie flat on your back and close your eyes and breathe slow and deeply.

Idea 2) Take a warm shower to relax yourself. Then go lie in bed, close your eyes, clear your mind, take deep slow breath. Forget about work or worries..tell yourself you can deal with it tomorrow. Keep taking slow deep breath.

Idea 3) I have done this with good results previously. Lying flat on my bed, I would flex my arm muscle and make a tight fist. Then slowly relax them. Then I flex my leg and feet and slowly relax them. I would alternative the tightening of the arms/fists and legs/feets. As I relax the tension it also seem to calm me down and make my body more limp as I relax the muscle. I usually drift off to sleep after that.

Idea 4) Disturb your wife for half an hour or so... :bsmilie:

Idea 5) No wife...well.... heheh

Try listening to Enya's tracks, they are really soothing. Otherwise, try meditating, can clear the mind help you to sleep better. :D

(Psst..~ i know some people fall asleep in their sitting position when they do sitting meditation):bsmilie:

imagine that yr boss is gona give u so much work tmr, must OT to finish it still, so u better go nap early now..

take marzine and conk out.

Try reading newspapers or something...when your eyes are tired you will sleep...

zaren said:

do 5bx repetitions lah. when ur body tired u will sleep.

or pseudo-meditation, thus named 'cos u will feel so relaxed u can fall asleep.
Make yourself comfortable, relax your body, close your eyes.

mentally count '1' and *breathe in*
mentally count '2' and *breathe out*
mentally count '9' and *breathe in*
mentally count '10' and *breathe out*
(repeat) if u lose count, just start from '1'

There will come a point you want to fall asleep, not supposed to lah for meditation but this fake one, so go ahead. Hope it helps, I almost wanted to fall asleep when I tried it, but I was in class. ;(

I also can't sleep..... :bigeyes:

lay on your bed

close your eyes

dun think too much

ahlo... all sleep liao.......................:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.