Can't Seem To Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle taz

Dec 12, 2002
Tanah Merah
Aloha,
I've got a small problem........i just bought a Sigma 70-200 F2.8 APO for my Nikon F80.

the thing is, i cant seem to focus if on anything if im closer than say 1.5 metres.

Is it a focal length issue?
And if so, that means that i can't really get the small insect on the plant shot right?
.....coz even if i zoom and can focus, the insect will be very small....since it is small to begin with.

Arrrgh!
ps. how do you guys lug the lens round all day/ vacation, its bladdy heavy!

Cheerio.
tt

Originally posted by turtle taz
Aloha,
I've got a small problem........i just bought a Sigma 70-200 F2.8 APO for my Nikon F80.

the thing is, i cant seem to focus if on anything if im closer than say 1.5 metres.

Is it a focal length issue?
And if so, that means that i can't really get the small insect on the plant shot right?
.....coz even if i zoom and can focus, the insect will be very small....since it is small to begin with.

Arrrgh!
ps. how do you guys lug the lens round all day/ vacation, its bladdy heavy!

Cheerio.
tt

Use an extension tube if you intend to do macro.

The focal length is 1.6m 5to get things in focus...read the specs first.

I'm going to bring thuis baby (canon mount though) to taiwan next sunday. I always bring it along for my singapore shootings cos it's much much lighter than the canon f2.8L. Learn to appreciate the weight. cannot compare this lens to the kit lens right?

Ahh.
IC, thanks for your input Radish, will go look up more about extension tubes etc.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.