can't open raw files

Status
Not open for further replies.

redname

Oct 8, 2009
Hi,
jus got a new camera.

strangely, i can't open the raw files from my nikon using photoshop. it says wrong type of document.

previously my raw files from my prev nikon cam got no prob leh.

tried raw shooter, also can't. now only capture nx2 can open

any advice? thanks :)

Last edited:
Need to update to the latest version of camera raw from adobe website. It is stated there which new camera models are supported with that version.

Check at Adobe website to ensure Adobe Camera Raw used is compatible with the camera model in question. Once you know the appropriate Adobe Camera Raw, ensure compatible Photoshop or Photoshop Creative Suite to use.

Similar difficulties reported at this link
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=613209

if you are using cs3, the last version of camera raw doesnt support the newer cameras. adobe's way of getting you to update to cs4.

if you are using cs3, the last version of camera raw doesnt support the newer cameras. adobe's way of getting you to update to cs4.

Actually not really so, kuvesh.
A recent thread discussing CS3's inability to open up new Canon camera RAW (CR2) yielded the conclusion that with the correct plugin for the newer cameras, CS3 also can read the respective RAW files.
I would recommend that TS go up to Adobe Website to download the latest RAW plugin for your Nikon camera (NEP files).

ok, will check the webby.

i'm on cs4 btw :)

Status
Not open for further replies.