Cant decide which camera to get for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Olympus EM-1 is a light and excellent choice for mirrorless! I used to have that system and I really love it! It takes beautiful pictures with little to no post processing required after that. If you do not want to have the hassle of changing lens now and then, even the Canon G7X compact is good since it comes with a 24-100mm equivalent F1.8-2.8 lens. If you are feeling rich this month though, you could of course go for the Sony A7R II. ;)

Hi now i got two offer one is normal offer at 2300 with extra 32gb card with tripod with extra battery

the other is audio house they giving a 40-150mm lens but no extra battery and 16 gb card....

Which is a better offer, i saw a lot people selling away the 40-150mm lens away at 100-120

Hi now i got two offer one is normal offer at 2300 with extra 32gb card with tripod with extra battery the other is audio house they giving a 40-150mm lens but no extra battery and 16 gb card.... Which is a better offer, i saw a lot people selling away the 40-150mm lens away at 100-120
nowadays 32gb card doesn't cost much. Is the battery original? And what type of tripod?
Actually the 40-150 is a pretty good lens if u use it.

nowadays 32gb card doesn't cost much. Is the battery original? And what type of tripod?
Actually the 40-150 is a pretty good lens if u use it.

original by olympus need to go collect from them. how must is an original battery cost now? around 100? So i just toggle with the kit lens and the 40-150 lens
for taking photo and learning sake? Which len btw this two is better to bring oversea and take photos?

original by olympus need to go collect from them. how must is an original battery cost now? around 100? So i just toggle with the kit lens and the 40-150 lens for taking photo and learning sake? Which len btw this two is better to bring oversea and take photos?
if it's redemption from Olympus, then the audio house deal should also have the same battery deal. And assuming the tripod is a crappy one, then the audio house deal is better

The kit lens is superb for general use so stick with that

The 40-150 is very light and handy, no harm brining it along overseas for use in case u need the extra reach

if it's redemption from Olympus, then the audio house deal should also have the same battery deal. And assuming the tripod is a crappy one, then the audio house deal is better

The kit lens is superb for general use so stick with that

The 40-150 is very light and handy, no harm brining it along overseas for use in case u need the extra reach

The kit come with the 12-40mm le , so if can get the extra lens will 40-150mm or the 45mm f1.8 lens be a better choice?

i saw someone sell a pancake lens for 50 dollars , worth buying to pair up with em1? is there anyway to test it to see if there any fault

The kit come with the 12-40mm le , so if can get the extra lens will 40-150mm or the 45mm f1.8 lens be a better choice?

Dont rush into buying too many things when you arent sure what you need or like. That way you will spend alot of money unless you are rich or that few hundred or thousand of dollar means nothing to you.

slow and steady is always a better way to learn and discover. And the way to do it is to get the gear out and shoot more.. not buying more.

To ask 40-150 or 45 F1.8 which is better choice. That alone is a tough question. They are very different lenses.
40-150 gives you more reach than the 12-40. So if 40mm is not long enough. You may want to try 40-150..

different people learn and understand their want/needs and photography differently. No right or wrong.
Some people buy 1 lens at a time n see which is good for them. Some people just buy everything or few lenses and test them out. It's up to you which way you want it to be.

for me...
When i first started. I pick up the kit zoom lens and a tele zoom so I could cover more range. To know which i is more useful to me n which i prefer.
Before I look into short- medium prime lenses (typically fixed lens with F2.8 and below).

There are too many lenses out there. So dont rush. Take baby steps. Even if you are rich..and you could afford a dozen of the best lenses. You only have 1 pair of hands. Take it slowly.

Go with your budget and get what makes you happy. If its a hobby you have to be happy. Else...no point doing it IMO.
Good luck and shoot more.

I think the 12-40 is good enough for now to be frank. Lugging too much gears around is not fun. If u have not bought em1 and the 12-40 I would suggested to get em10 kit ... Reason being it is cheap versatile and light ...

If u really want to get another lens I will suggest getting a 17 mm prime or maybe a good ultra wide angle zoom.

really depends on what u are shooting. 45mm is mainly portraiture. 40-150 is a general purpose long zoom u can use for landscape, a bit of sports, your zoo or bird park visits

i saw someone sell a pancake lens for 50 dollars , worth buying to pair up with em1? is there anyway to test it to see if there any fault
Honestly, ask the seller but sometimes there is a reason why things are cheaper than market.

I think many folks here who replied have been thru the need to get this/that... So do take their words that the 12-40 covers probably 80-90% of your travel needs. U need wider, take a few steps back... Need tighter, walk a few steps forward. If you can't due to terrain, then find an angle that will allow you best get the shot. Having just a single zoom for travel is very convenient and beats changing lens or worry about loosing or dropping it when swapping and also forces u to think about what you want to shoot which I think will help you in the long run.

However nothing wrong with just getting the 40-150 to start off with a wider range of focal lengths. Personally on my own hindsight I would just start with 12-40 and a 25/1.4 for low light :)

what pancake? Even though cheap but if u don't use it what's the point?

$50?!! Only pancake I can think of for that price is the body cap lens.
If so, its a plastic fantastic fun toy lens with a fixed f8 aperture and a manual slider for focus. Not much to go wrong.
I have one as a freebie. Still sitting in my dry cab.

$50?!! Only pancake I can think of for that price is the body cap lens.
If so, its a plastic fantastic fun toy lens with a fixed f8 aperture and a manual slider for focus. Not much to go wrong.
I have one as a freebie. Still sitting in my dry cab.

Just poke a hole through and you get a pinhole lens!

You sure about that? ;)
You never scan??

Atleast i need not worry about CLEANING the sensor. 'disposable' sensors ftw! As for the scanning, dust and scratches can be easily removed via scanning software. Not that it'll affect the image too much anyways. But for me, i cant tolerate a speck of dust on my shiny electronic! Dont ask me why. Just do

Just poke a hole through and you get a pinhole lens!

To make a pinhole lens is not as easy as you might think. You need to know what format you want to shoot, than decide the focal length of the pinhole camera you want make, after this you need to calculate the size of the hole you need to make.
You also need to find a material for making a pinhole lens, which is very thin yet very strong, you also need make sure the hole you made is close to prefect circle. It is a very serious project, it is not primary school art and craft project.

Status
Not open for further replies.