Can't decide between these two notebooks, please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBull

Mar 31, 2002
Punggol
Visit site
Deciding between these two notebooks. Really can't decide which to get. Please advise.

Lenovo Y400-945460

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5600 (1.83ghz)
2GB DDRAM
120GB HDD
DVD DL
Nvidia GeForce 7300
14.1" WXGA
Windows Vista Home Premium
Cost: $1999

Dell InspironTM 1520

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7100 (1.8GHz)
2GB DDR2 RAM
120GB HDD
DVD DL
Nvidia GeForce 8400M
15.4" WXGA
Windows Vista Home Premium
Cost: $1777

Talked to many people and the opinions are divided. Half of the people says buy Dell, the other says buy any brand but Dell. Citing poor aftersales support, poor quality hardware used, etc.

Any Dell notebook users here? Need your feedback on the truth about Dell notebooks.

Specs wise the Dell looks better. Try going down to Sim Lim and the Dell showroom to have a hands-on on the two items. Might help you decide.

Don't get a Lenovo unless you are getting one of the Thinkpad, and since you are not, get the Dell.

Actually, Dell after sales support had been pretty good lately. Are you getting the 3 years extended warranty? Well worth it.

Yeah, if I get the Dell will get the 3yrs warranty.

THe Dell is a Santa Rosa based notebook too.

Dell better.

Talked to many people and the opinions are divided. Half of the people says buy Dell, the other says buy any brand but Dell. Citing poor aftersales support, poor quality hardware used, etc.

Any Dell notebook users here? Need your feedback on the truth about Dell notebooks.

Any brand will fail, so why pay more when can get dell at cheaper rate?

I was a IBM Thinkpad user for nearly 10 years. Switched a year after it was sold to Lenovo because of deterrioating service and support.

I have had good service experience with Dell's desktops over the same 10 years. I thing I have discovered, Dell's lower end products, desktop or notebook, sucks.

My whole company is using DELL notebooks. They swear by the battery life (if you get the extended version). So far it's one of the better ones in the market but I still prefer a MacBook....hehe.:bsmilie:

I have a DELL system at home and I am getting full 24 hours support from them each time i encounter problems. So their after sales service is quite good.

I find it odd, alot of people tell me get any brand other than Dell, cos Dell socks. Then when I ask why so, they say poor support, poor quality hardware used, etc.

Then I ask, "have you used Dell before?" and most say no......

I'm like: "??????"

I find it odd, alot of people tell me get any brand other than Dell, cos Dell socks. Then when I ask why so, they say poor support, poor quality hardware used, etc.

Then I ask, "have you used Dell before?" and most say no......

I'm like: "??????"

My point exactly...........:bsmilie:

Been searching and hunting around for days...

Nothing beats the specs of the Dell 1520 at that price.

Using a Dell M1210, must say that the support is really good and prompt. Laptop has been working very well, no problem at all! :thumbsup:

Time to switch :D get a Mac ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.