Can't achieve 2.4fps continous shooting on S2 IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salonpas

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
why is dat so? im using the low-end Kingston 2GB card, 1.8MB/sec write-speed. issit due to the slow speed of my card? im able to achieve fast continous shooting when not using flash.

so issit due to:-

1) slow card?
2) cannot use flash to achieve 2.4fps?

tried wif M2 size n Superfine.

Salonpas said:
why is dat so? im using the low-end Kingston 2GB card, 1.8MB/sec write-speed. issit due to the slow speed of my card? im able to achieve fast continous shooting when not using flash.

1) slow card?

Not quite likely that the card is slow unless you're using a very old card.

Flash recycling time is usually in the order of seconds. Another factor is the focusing speed.

For your case as you stated, it is due to the flash recycle time.

so m i right to say that my former S45 has faster flash recycling time?

anyway... how come S2 IS is slower since its a newer DC than S45?

maybe the s2 has a more powerful flash but with the 4 AA in it, there is insufficient juice to recharge the flash "quickly" and keep all the other components running?

try the following settings (if available on ur cam):

1. turn off previewing the electronic VF
2. switch off the main LCD preview screen
3. disable the continuous AF
4. turn off flash
5. use a fast card
6. use NiMH batt
7. 2048 x 1536 JPEG Super-Fine mode
8. turn off IS

Salonpas said:

1) slow card?

hi user12343,

im able to achieve a fast rate w/o using flash as metioned above. problem only arises when i use flash.

i tink now its due to the 4AA batteries oso. and partly coz of the card?

It's definitely due to flash recycling time. I'm using a Panasonic FZ30 and it's the same thing. With the flash, cannot achieve continuous shooting speeds that high... u gotta wait for the flash to charge. ;)

wahlao... sianz...

tot these a-bit-higher-end camera wont have this prob even though they use 4AAs...

even if ur flash has ultra highspeed recycling time, u won't really get keeper shots in a continuous burst...

Got flash that can flash continuously at 2.4fps meh? So fast?

Try using M mode and setting flash power to Low. The flash is weaker but the charging time is much faster.

What shutter speed did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.