CanoScan D1230U-Film Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshdreams

May 10, 2002
Holland Village,Singapore
Has anyone used this scanner?I intend to scan film upto 4x5...This is a 1200x2400dpi Flat Bed scanner.
If not this please recommend one that will fit within my budget of $500

Originally posted by harshdreams
Has anyone used this scanner?I intend to scan film upto 4x5...This is a 1200x2400dpi Flat Bed scanner.
If not this please recommend one that will fit within my budget of $500

I've owned one for a while and use it mostly as a flatbed scanner. The scan resolution when scanning with the transparency kit is not as high as the optical resolution and for 4x5 the scanner is only good for web page level scanning. I don't have the manual handy otherwise I'd quote you the actual dpi for various film formats.

Ultimately if you want to scan LF for large prints or for publication you'll need a dedicated LF film scanner like the Nikon LS-4500 or a drum scanner.

Thanks Ian
A bit too late!! I waited for a while to get some kinda response to my query...anyway i got myself the scanner:-(
..you are right it is just good enough only for the web...anyway I am okay with it as in any case a good scanner of resaonable resolution for 4x5 is way too expensive and if at all i have to print my 4x5's i would rather get a good scan job done professionally..

harshdreams, can you post some samples of your scans. Thank you.

hi Harshdream

Did u try scanning 35mm negative or slides with the scanner. If yes, how's the results ? Thanx

i have scanned a few 4x5's ,35mm slides and negatives..am okay with the 4x5, but the 35mm scans can be much better, would say it is not that impressive, will try and post few pictures, how do i post images on this thread?am sorry pretty new here...

Status
Not open for further replies.