canoscan 5000 vs minolta scanner why the diff

Status
Not open for further replies.

klein

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
i read on mag that canoscan 5000 can scan at 2400dpi, also can put adapter for negative, minolta also scan 2400dpi then where is it one cost $1000++ another below $500??? What's the diff can anyone shed some light here

there are also some flim scanners that scan at 4000dpi like nikon type. if we only printing 3R will it make a difference?

erm, quality? i tried scanning using canoscan 5000f. the colour of the negative scans differ from the scan of the picture.... ie the negative scanner is quite disappointing.

that means if want to scan good pics must sure use those dedicated flim scanners lah.

actually with the canoscan 5000 how bad is the scanned pic?

erm, it was........ ok. but the colour didnt match, colour saturation etc wasnt right. from reviews i've read, even with editing, cant get the colour to match the real pic.

u can try it out urself... i tested it at erm, the canon shop at funan
i brought some pics and their negatives, compare. go see if u like it.

Which Minolta scanner? AFAIK, the lowest end Minolta scanner scan at 2820 or 2840DPI.

dont know lah any scanner that scan 2400 dpi one...
funny though a lot of them indicate 2400dpi whether dedicated scanner or flatbed but how come qualty different one, some say colour does not come out right etc???

still very blur any resolution but different quality..:dunno:

Originally posted by klein
dont know lah any scanner that scan 2400 dpi one...
funny though a lot of them indicate 2400dpi whether dedicated scanner or flatbed but how come qualty different one, some say colour does not come out right etc???

still very blur any resolution but different quality..:dunno:

What u need to print?? Need to scan till 2400dpi?

I oni scan 300dpi for my visual...if confirm then drum scan

Originally posted by Tupi Guy
What u need to print?? Need to scan till 2400dpi?

I oni scan 300dpi for my visual...if confirm then drum scan

I think he's refering to slide/negative scan.

You need 2400dpi or more to get a good visual.

isnt the minolta dimage III scanner around $550? or did i remember wrongly. if its around that price... get it instead of the canonscan 5000f, since u doing negative scan. the canoscan quality is sadly disappointing.

can anybody help me with this q?/ u know like some they advertise like their scanner can remove dust etc, and some got ice technology. and what is this ice technology???

how dust affect the quality of the scan??? anyway to clean it without damaging the flim??

how do i know if the colour of the scanned image appears as it should?

ICE =Image Correction & Enhancement - removes dust, scratches and finger prints from scanned images

u'll see dust on ur pictures =) like i saw a huge dandruff on my fren's head. haha. dust.

compare the picture with wat u remember of the real object.....
but well... i guess its up to u. some pple prefer the colour this way... ultimately, if ur happy, then its gd

minolta dimage III scanner

does it have ice??
without ice is it good?
will dust be a very big problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.