Canon's Zoombrowser is horrible... any substitues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
I've a A40 powershot, and I use Canon's zoombrowser to D/L (using a PCMCIA slot on my laptop) simply because if I use XP to d/l, XP labels the pictures "picture 1 , picture 2 , etc... " everytime I start to d/l a new batch. This results in similar file names. If I simply drag and save the files, the file names are like .... IMG1023, IMG1092 etc... , but that may result in duplicate file names as well. My A40 saves the files under folders, and it renews a folder whenever a certain number of pictures is reached... . Using zoom browser, the images are saved with the folder number infront of "IMG1023" ... so it looks like this (for folder 107) ... IMG107_1023 ... which results in a very unlikely case of duplication. I can't do this without the zoom browser.... . BUt I hate using the zoombrowser because the database sometimes loses everything, and I have to "refresh" it which takes a long time. ANother thing is if I rename, edit or rotate a picture in XP, I have to update the zoombrowser.

Is there a program out there that would take the files in my CF card, and rename it in a unique way ? I prefer to use XP to browse my pictures. Cheers

well i hope the ACDSee 5.0 software is compatible for WinsXP

one of the highly recommended file database viewer

u can do file batch renaming for easy record :)

xmen1977 said:
well i hope the ACDSee 5.0 software is compatible for WinsXP

one of the highly recommended file database viewer

u can do file batch renaming for easy record :)

Yes, it works on xp, one of the best. :)

togu said:
Yes, it works on xp, one of the best. :)

and let us not forget, it is one of the fastest JPEG decoding viewing programs around. but of course, when it comes to CRW/RAW files... :eek:

ACDsee is good, but it gets buggy after a while... Hence the irritation... Always hangs up when I'm trying to view exif data from the browser...

How about a combo of free softwares, like Downloader from Breeze to download the images from your digicam, and Irfanview for image viewing (it does batch renaming, batch conversion, thumbnail viewing, slideshow etc) :think:

;)

:Later,

Status
Not open for further replies.