Status
Not open for further replies.

surrephoto

Jan 14, 2009
Chinatown
www.surrephoto.com
Think many might know this, but it's interesting;

1934kwanon.png

Canon's first logo before it changed it's name.

Apparently Kwanon is the romanization for an older Japanese pronounciation of Guan Yin Bodhisattva. Currently the modern pronounciation is even closer, "Kannon".

A link;
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/history/historycanon.htm

Ugh.. This would have made me get a nikon.

i don't buy a brand just because it's logo looks nice. similarly, i don't avoid a brand just because it has an ugly logo

+evenstar, you're right. But however there are many out there with a general consumer type mindset, focusing on presentation and aesthetic qualities of the product, even the logo. ;)

+evenstar, you're right. But however there are many out there with a general consumer type mindset, focusing on presentation and aesthetic qualities of the product, even the logo. ;)
Can you imagine that logo plastered big big right on your lens caps. :D

They create the brand Kwanon (Canon now) in the name of Buddhist bodhisattva Guan Yin. Pretty much a brand which they wants it to be GODLIKE. :) And I think that's an exotic logo.

And now Canon, seems like they are the creators for Artillery League of Bazooka Lens.

If they kept the old name and logo...Probably it'll be a equipment for speading the good will of Buddhism too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.