Canon's first Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

surrephoto

Jan 14, 2009
Chinatown
www.surrephoto.com
Think many might know this, but it's interesting;

Canon's first logo before it changed it's name.

Apparently Kwanon is the romanization for an older Japanese pronounciation of Guan Yin Bodhisattva. Currently the modern pronounciation is even closer, "Kannon".

A link;
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/history/historycanon.htm

surrephoto

Jan 14, 2009
Chinatown
www.surrephoto.com
i don't buy a brand just because it's logo looks nice. similarly, i don't avoid a brand just because it has an ugly logo
+evenstar, you're right. But however there are many out there with a general consumer type mindset, focusing on presentation and aesthetic qualities of the product, even the logo. ;)

CYRN

Nov 14, 2002
photoevangel.com
+evenstar, you're right. But however there are many out there with a general consumer type mindset, focusing on presentation and aesthetic qualities of the product, even the logo. ;)
Can you imagine that logo plastered big big right on your lens caps. :D

Shin Howard

Feb 18, 2008
North Eastern Region
They create the brand Kwanon (Canon now) in the name of Buddhist bodhisattva Guan Yin. Pretty much a brand which they wants it to be GODLIKE. :) And I think that's an exotic logo.

And now Canon, seems like they are the creators for Artillery League of Bazooka Lens.

If they kept the old name and logo...Probably it'll be a equipment for speading the good will of Buddhism too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom