Canon Warranty - Need advice

Oooooze76

Jun 12, 2009
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Dear All

I recently bought a lens from someone. Decide to ask Canon whether the warranty is still valid.

Canon svc centre replied: "Warranty is void as its not transferable" My lens suppose to have a couple more months more for the warranty.

Its so upset. I bought a second car last year and the service centre still honour the warranty why not canon.

Do you all have the same experience? How can I go around getting the warranty. Appreciate your advice.

perhaps you can speak to another person from canon...i don't think that is the case.
it doesn't make any difference who bring the lens to csc right? whether it's the 1st owner, his friend or yourself. I think better to speak to another person from csc, you may get another reply....they are quite inconsistence sometimes

It doesn't pay to be "too honest". Just send in for repair and if ask say sending in on behalf of friend/relative. Don't think they will pursue further.

perhaps you can speak to another person from canon...i don't think that is the case.
it doesn't make any difference who bring the lens to csc right? whether it's the 1st owner, his friend or yourself. I think better to speak to another person from csc, you may get another reply....they are quite inconsistence sometimes

Hi Mayngbt
That what i said too but the lady tell me, Sir pls read the warranty card. The card said warranty is void when there change of owner.

It doesn't pay to be "too honest". Just send in for repair and if ask say sending in on behalf of friend/relative. Don't think they will pursue further.

Hi GRbenji
The problem is that the warranty information is under someone else. The contact number also.
So when its time to collect, they call the person not me. So how?

just tell them you change your number, its that easy!!!just go there and present them the warranty...they would not usually ask for your IC.

a little white lie once in awhile doen't hurt....